05-11-12, 11:57 AM
A really good video from Al Jazeera on the IOM TT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8J6s7qSUbY

DC
05-11-12, 01:04 PM
Just watched this. Cracking film !!!

Crosbie
05-11-12, 01:58 PM
Amazing. A real good insight into how the newbie’s must feel as well as those still chasing the win.
Would hate to be a friend/relative of a competitor waiting for them to reappear much later than expected! :-/

BB
05-11-12, 03:35 PM
When people come off or break down the commentary generally mentions it, so & so has broken down at..., someone else has been air lifted with ... injuries, etc etc. When they don't mention them it's usually bad news.
I was watching from the grandstand at the Manx GP this year when Ryan Farquar & his team were waiting for their guy to come in... very sad

BB

Crosbie
05-11-12, 04:15 PM
When people come off or break down the commentary generally mentions it, so & so has broken down at..., someone else has been air lifted with ... injuries, etc etc. When they don't mention them it's usually bad news.
I was watching from the grandstand at the Manx GP this year when Ryan Farquar & his team were waiting for their guy to come in... very sad

BB
Ahh, thats a no soo bad then. They didnt appear to say that the rider had mechanical (lack of fuel) issues over the PA in the video? maybe that was just poor editing to create a bit more drama?!? :o

Out of interest BB how much did you pay for the ferry crossing?

BB
05-11-12, 06:50 PM
We took a van with two bikes as we both ride. Van + 2 people cost £313, would have been £330 to take two bikes.

I did book a pal & bike, it was £106 bike & rider going over & £112 back plus £45 + £47 each way for his pillion. £310 total.

I'm led to believe the TT is dearer.

We do feel it's not quite the thing to take the van but it's easier & quicker storming up & down with as much luggage & tools as you want in the van. We have done plenty of years slogging up & down to Liverpool on the old bikes with a set of panniers & a tool roll! lol

BB

BB
05-11-12, 09:25 PM
Great find Moo, excellent video 8-)

BB

Toph
05-11-12, 09:48 PM
great post Moo... absolutely loved it. :)

Gerry
05-11-12, 10:39 PM
Agreed, great find.
Going is on my wish list, maybe 2013.
:)