PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road

Conehead
06-11-12, 06:11 PM
Well I finally got round to fixing my bike and went for a nice spin to trovegas and back to smalsbury. The bike feels great, actually better than before. Still waiting for my breakdown company to provide a comment, They have acknowledged my email but nothing further. Will give them 28 days before I take further action. (This is following my breakdown in Wales whilst doing HTB)

Swanny
06-11-12, 06:23 PM
Good stuff :)

BB
06-11-12, 06:43 PM
Good to hear [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

DC
06-11-12, 07:16 PM
Good news !!! 8-) I actually passed you that day but thought you were just taking a breather to watch it all happening, if I'd known you were having trouble i would have stopped :-[

Last Train
06-11-12, 07:19 PM
8-)

Wes
06-11-12, 07:21 PM
Nice one mate :)

Gooz
06-11-12, 08:37 PM
Glad you sorted it out fella, was it the rec, or summat else ??? and does she now start properly or is it still a pig ??

Conehead
06-11-12, 11:01 PM
DaddyCool, it needed a strip down so there was nothing that you would have been able to help with but thanks for the thought anyways.

Gooz, I had to jump it off of the car after a full system flush and clean as I drained the battery on the day. Started second time and I got the fine tune adjustments done, etc and let her charge up for a while. Got dressed and she barked to life first time. She feels really smooth now. There was a load of **** and water in the tank.

Dan505
07-11-12, 10:11 AM
swap the fuel filter out as well?

good to have you back on two :)

Conehead
07-11-12, 07:15 PM
Dan505, Filter in tank cleaned, Two filters at entrance to carbs cleaned. Have also cut the two fuel lines and added an inline fuel filter on each. All jets stripped and cleaned. Sick of cleaning carbs. :D :D :D :D :D
All levels checked. Plugs and HT leads cleaned and WD40'd. Tank flushed and all tubes cleaned.All electric connectors WD40'd. Clean fuel. Think thats all. ::) ::) ::)

BB
07-11-12, 07:44 PM
Filters every where? lol Good to hear you are sorted.

BB