PDA

View Full Version : Bike builder

Wes
04-11-12, 09:53 PM
I first met cabbie through another forum, based in London, the guy is an absolute genius when it comes to the manufacturing of parts, and the final build. The frame/bodywork as well as a vast array of other components are all made by hand, and you might recognize the bike from the carol nash top 12 last year. As well as this one, a kwak 750 triple, hes also built a turbo charged blade called boxer :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y5j0vQHRNSA

squirrel_hunter
06-11-12, 12:17 AM
He's built some interesting bikes, however...

I was following his latest build on another forum; the Turbo Blade Boxer. He posted details on the type of metal that he was using for the frame as he fabricated his own. He welded it together then ground back the weld to make it seamless before polishing.

Some members of that forum then started to suggest that the metal and welds that remained might not have been the best choice and approach. They posted some interesting details on the metals and weld. He then threw the toys out of the pram and stormed off.

I'm no expert and do not posses the skill to do half of what he has, but if a number of people start questioning the methodology with safety in mind and there is no response only tantrums and handbags it does make you wonder.

Anyway I believe that Custom Fighters is where he and the build threads can now be found.

Paul_H
09-11-12, 05:05 PM
I love that Kwacker ;D