PDA

View Full Version : Take care out there

Pugwash
06-11-12, 11:11 AM
Saw this online today. Hope he is ok.

A motocyclist has been taken to Royal United Hospital Bath after an accident on Hilperton Drive in Trowbridge.

Wiltshire Police were called at 9.10am after a man skidded on his bike on the icy road. He was not seriously injured, but taken to hospital by ambulance with reported neck pain.

Traffic was delayed while debris was cleared, with the road reopened fully by 9.45am.

Nelly
06-11-12, 12:16 PM
Hope he's ok. Exactly why i opted to leave mine at home this morning... :(

A13X4ND7A
06-11-12, 12:46 PM
Oh No. I hope he's ok.

The rear of my bike was fishtailing and sliding around today when I was braking, scared the living daylights out of me. Dreading going home in the dark now.

GWS whoever it was.

Dan505
06-11-12, 12:57 PM
not good....still rode in (like i've got a choice)

Yammy
06-11-12, 03:42 PM
GWS Whoever it is...

Didn't look to bad this morning when i set off...

BB
06-11-12, 06:44 PM
Hope he is ok :)

BB

Thorkill_The_Tall
06-11-12, 10:00 PM
I happened upon this incident on my travels this morning, just as the lad was being loaded onto the stretcher. His bike was parked on the side of the road and didn't look that badly damaged.
No sign of any ice or frost on any of the roads in that area at that time, though, so my money would be on yet another diesel spill on a series of roundabouts noted for being prone for a covering of the black stuff.

Rabb
07-11-12, 04:10 PM
I had a couple of fish-tails yesterday (Black ice) - I left just after 7:00 am though.
I believe the gritters are away on holiday at the moment.
Let's hope they get back soon....

GWS fella.

Rabb
11-11-12, 09:28 PM
Ah a miracle has happened - I saw gritters out last night on the A36.
Back from their holidays I guess ???

redken1
11-11-12, 09:42 PM
Hope the rider is ok. Take care as the roads may seem ok, but tend to be patchy with ice early winter. Go easy on the brakes.