PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Multistrada

Trev
11-11-12, 08:37 PM
My wife and I are looking to do a few trips next year, 3 - 4 nights, couple of hundred miles a day, mainly A & B roads, UK & France. She pillions on my MT03 and Gixer 7 and although ok for reasonable distances neither are really suitable for the luggage required for a lady to 'overnight' ;)
I'm really not into the thought of a traditional touring bike and don't need something to sit on a motorway at 90 for days on end. While looking for something suitable but with a bit of character I've been drawn to the 620 Multistrada and would appreciate any incite/feedback from forum members in the know :)

QB1
12-11-12, 11:45 AM
Persuade her to get a bike herself then you dont need to worry about getting another bike ;D

Are you going to replace the MT03 and Gixer or keep them as well?

Would hiring a touring bike just for the trip be an option?

Trev
13-11-12, 12:35 PM
Nicky, nice idea but even though she had a moped in her youth, and enjoys riding pillion, my other half has absolutely no desire to become a biker.

I plan to keep the MT and the Gixer (I have a couple of other bikes as well) although if the Multistrada is as much fun as it looks I may be tempted to lose the MT. Not sure I see a Ducati as a year round bike though which is what I bought the MT for.

Hadn't thought of hiring, probably not for me as I'm building up a bit of a 'stable' but might take a look at the options - thanks for the idea ;)

QB1
13-11-12, 01:06 PM
Might be worth a trip to Riders in Bristol to see if they have a demo they'd let you try out.