PDA

View Full Version : Bimble

Swanny
17-11-12, 02:09 PM
Never heard of this word before coming here, so thought it must be a motorcycle term, have just looked it up and found this

3. Bimble

To go out for a ride on a motorbike, anywhere, having fun.
Congratulations!!!! Fancy a bimble?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bimble

8-)

Beamer
17-11-12, 05:01 PM
Think we're all doing that tomorrow hehe :)

Loops
17-11-12, 05:17 PM
I always think of a bimble specifically being a slower ride, just riding gently around 8-)

Otherwise it's a hoon!

Wes
17-11-12, 08:11 PM
A potter or a blast :)

BB
18-11-12, 06:02 AM
We have been bimbling for years so not surprised it's in dictionary. :)

BB

redken1
18-11-12, 02:25 PM
Please don’t shoot the messenger 'me lovers', but I suspect that ‘Bimble’ maybe local dialect as no such word exists in my 10th edition of the Oxford dictionary. :(

‘Bimbo’ is the only word listed beginning with the letters bimb. Just as I thought – not all bimbos have blonde hair. :D ;D

Getting back on topic, how about a ‘poodle’? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Loops
18-11-12, 02:42 PM
A dog?

I'd call it a 'pooTle'.... for when I just want to be out enjoying the scenery 8-)

redken1
18-11-12, 03:10 PM
The English language evolves over time and the authors of the various dictionaries recognise that frequent usage of new words or an existing word given a different (secondary) meaning on a regular basis needs to be looked at. For example, ‘poodle’ “a dog of a breed with a curly coat.” Informal, “move or travel in a leisurely manner.”

I guess it doesn’t really matter what language we use on here as long as the members understand what we are talking about. 8-)

With the exception of Geordie Stu, members’ posts on here are in the main comprehensible. ;) :D ;D

Gooz
18-11-12, 05:44 PM
bimble is also a squaddie term for a slow run,

BB
19-11-12, 07:38 AM
Swanny did find it in the Urban dictionary which I suspect is more slang based. ;)

Jon_W
19-11-12, 08:01 AM
I go for a pootle or a bimble regularly. Especially in summer.

Gooz
19-11-12, 08:29 PM
Im very rarely Bimbling............. Im normally found Hooning :)

Conehead
19-11-12, 09:26 PM
I thought it was a type of bee. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry but had to be done

Conehead
19-11-12, 09:27 PM
I do prefer a bimble so that you can enjoy the views but if in traffic I make sure I get to the front.

Mark_Able
19-11-12, 09:32 PM
My friends and I have been on many a hoon. But if the mood takes me, I do like to bimble. Been using both expressions for many years. I think they're both cushty, or maybe lovely jubbly... :)

redken1
19-11-12, 10:00 PM
My friends and I have been on many a hoon. But if the mood takes me, I do like to bimble. Been using both expressions for many years. I think they're both cushty, or maybe lovely jubbly... :)

And I thought all the women in somerset fancied me, "You all white me Lover" ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D