PDA

View Full Version : Can any one recommend someone to collect a bike?

QB1
23-11-12, 09:03 AM
I'm hoping to buy a new bike this weekend (a Christmas present for the OH) and dont particularly want to mess about getting it insured for me and ride it home, does anyone know a reputable company who collect and deliver bikes? It'll be a round trip of about 110 miles. Thanks.

Ducatista
23-11-12, 03:55 PM
I would be looking to negotiate that into the sale.

QB1
23-11-12, 04:40 PM
If it was a dealer it wouldn't be a problem but this ones a private sale.

If I cant find anyone I may just go ahead and add it to my insurance and ride it home as it's not far.

Just thought as it's not going to be for me it would be easier not to mess about.

I guess it's one advantage to being a tad over 21 in that I can probably add it to my insurance for about £25.

fd2526
23-11-12, 05:42 PM
Have only used them for breakdown recovery but SOS also do transportation, probably not cheap but very good reputation http://www.sos-motorcycle-recovery.co.uk/

Trev
23-11-12, 06:19 PM
I've got use of a company van so may be able to help but depends where pick up and drop off is and whether you can wait. I'm at the NEC this weekend and won't know availability of van until I get back in the office next week
PM me if you haven't been able to make other arrangements

Splash
23-11-12, 07:58 PM

If I cant find anyone I may just go ahead and add it to my insurance and ride it home as it's not far.

Just thought as it's not going to be for me it would be easier not to mess about.

I guess it's one advantage to being a tad over 21 in that I can probably add it to my insurance for about £25.

Nicky,

If you can add the bike to your insurance policy for that little, I'd probably go down that route so long as the bike is road safe, has a present MOT Cert and tax, away you go! - Will be cheaper too!

Not sure where you are located but, if it's 110 mile round trip, I'd be happy to take you there on the back for a tenner to cover my fuel costs, if that helps you at all 8-)
(I have a comfy and wide topbox to rest against so you won't fall off the back, with a back pad, I never get to use it though :( Sucks being the rider! !)

QB1
23-11-12, 09:23 PM
Have only used them for breakdown recovery but SOS also do transportation, probably not cheap but very good reputation http://www.sos-motorcycle-recovery.co.uk/

Thank you very much :)

QB1
23-11-12, 09:24 PM
I've got use of a company van so may be able to help but depends where pick up and drop off is and whether you can wait. I'm at the NEC this weekend and won't know availability of van until I get back in the office next week
PM me if you haven't been able to make other arrangements

That's very kind thank you very much.

QB1
23-11-12, 09:27 PM

Nicky,

If you can add the bike to your insurance policy for that little, I'd probably go down that route so long as the bike is road safe, has a present MOT Cert and tax, away you go! - Will be cheaper too!

Not sure where you are located but, if it's 110 mile round trip, I'd be happy to take you there on the back for a tenner to cover my fuel costs, if that helps you at all 8-)
(I have a comfy and wide topbox to rest against so you won't fall off the back, with a back pad, I never get to use it though :( Sucks being the rider! !)

Oh that's really kind, luckily if I do collect I can get the train almost door to door but thank you again :)

Splash
23-11-12, 09:39 PM
NP :)

camera.op76
23-11-12, 10:16 PM

Nicky,

Oh that's really kind, luckily if I do collect I can get the train almost door to door but thank you again :)

What are you thinking of getting?

Pugwash
24-11-12, 11:34 AM
I am using these people to deliver a bike from the Wirral to trowbridge. Bike should arrive today at home.
Acceleration Motorcycle Transport & Delivery Service. Mans name is Phil; and its fully ensured. Google them. He does regular runs all around the country between showrooms.

Pugwash
24-11-12, 11:35 AM
Here is the link
http://www.motorcycletransportservices.co.uk/

QB1
25-11-12, 10:24 AM
Thanks all it was a very nice ZZR1200 but the nice seller decided to sell it to somebody else! Back to trawling through EBay etc.

Ducatista
26-11-12, 01:20 PM
Wow, your OH is really lucky having you buy them presents like that :)

QB1
26-11-12, 01:29 PM
Wow, your OH is really lucky having you buy them presents like that :)

Don't worry I'll make sure he knows that ;) :)

(he doesnt normally get pressies quite that big I should add)