PDA

View Full Version : Hi Viz in France withdrawn

alanTDM
27-11-12, 10:57 PM
Here's a bit of good news from Paddy at MAG:

Bike Safe
The Troll };{)

We've just heard that the French interior Minister Emmanuel Valls has decided to withdraw the 150 square centimetre hi-viz rule.

Apparently he has acknowledged the protests from riders and that there really isn't any basis for the move.

MAG highlighted a few months ago, that apart from setting a dangerous precedent and creating the possibility that responsibility for accidents could be automatically shifted toward those riders not wearing the hi-viz as required, the French Government had also found itself in possible breach of a Directive which stipulated minimum quantities of hi-viz IF hi-viz was being prescribed.

If you read French:
http://motomag.com/Derniere-minute-Emmanuel-Valls-suspend-le-brassard-jaune-des-motards.html

--
Paddy Tyson
Campaigns Coordinator
Motorcycle Action Group
www.mag-uk.org

redken1
28-11-12, 06:55 AM
Here's a bit of good news from Paddy at MAG:

Bike Safe
The Troll };{)

We've just heard that the French interior Minister Emmanuel Valls has decided to withdraw the 150 square centimetre hi-viz rule.

Apparently he has acknowledged the protests from riders and that there really isn't any basis for the move.

MAG highlighted a few months ago, that apart from setting a dangerous precedent and creating the possibility that responsibility for accidents could be automatically shifted toward those riders not wearing the hi-viz as required, the French Government had also found itself in possible breach of a Directive which stipulated minimum quantities of hi-viz IF hi-viz was being prescribed.

If you read French:
http://motomag.com/Derniere-minute-Emmanuel-Valls-suspend-le-brassard-jaune-des-motards.html

--
Paddy Tyson
Campaigns Coordinator
Motorcycle Action Group
www.mag-uk.org

Another small victory for common sense and ‘people power’ [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

skippernick
28-11-12, 07:35 AM
Jolly good, thats one less thing to worry about for next years trip.

Splash
28-11-12, 08:50 AM
Jolly good, thats one less thing to worry about for next years trip.

WAHOOO! :) Less luggage!

Swanny
28-11-12, 09:37 AM
Hooray I was never going to wear it anyway, it means I won't have to get a trike.

Geordie Stu
28-11-12, 10:10 AM
Let's all go to France. ;D

Snowy
28-11-12, 12:10 PM
Rightly or wrongly I was under the impression the 150cm2 proposed rule concerned reflective material not Hi Viz. I have got that much already on my 5 year old gear as I suspect many of us who wear textiles also do.

I also understand its suspended not cancelled.

I also believe the same is true of the breathalyser rule i.e its been suspended not cancelled.

I'm also sure there are others more in the know than I am the subject who could provide some more accuracy ;) :D