PDA

View Full Version : Younger riders

Pugwash
02-12-12, 12:00 PM
As we have justed moved into the Trowbridge area recently I have not had a chance to come to any of the meets yet. The fact that I am stuck on a ship in the Indian Ocean does not help much either. My son who is 19 and I used to ride with the Ulysses group in New Zealand. He is at home with his little 250 ninja. Do you have any younger riders that he can meet up with? In NZ he used to come with me but got a bit fed up as we were all old farts. Anybody over 30 is an old fart to a teenager of course. Just want to get him out meeting bikers his own age to go riding with. Thanks

Loops
02-12-12, 12:14 PM
There are a few younger riders, I'm sure he'll find someone to go out with. Is he a member yet? Get him to join :)

I don't know if I still qualify as 'young', I think to him I might be approaching old if 30 is an old fart ;D

Pugwash
02-12-12, 12:24 PM
There are a few younger riders, I'm sure he'll find someone to go out with. Is he a member yet? Get him to join :)

I don't know if I still qualify as 'young', I think to him I might be approaching old if 30 is an old fart ;D

Thanks Loops. I get home on Dec 12th for 3 months so hope to get him and I out and about once I get my bike registered for UK roads.

Lou
02-12-12, 12:25 PM
We do have some young riders who have just passed their tests. Luke and Ryan are both around that age and two of the nicest guys to meet and very easy to get on with, hopefully they will post soon. :) :) :)

Nelly
02-12-12, 12:25 PM
at 49 i think i may qualify as an "old fart" with the brain of a 21 year old. However, he is more than welcome to come over to a meet or ride with any of us. All ages welcome along. And i promise not to empty my colostomy bag when he's around :)

Pugwash
02-12-12, 12:30 PM
Thanks Nelly. I am sure if I tell him about the colostomy bag he will be around in a flash :-?
As for Luke and Ryan well that sounds perfect. We found it difficult in NZ as young riders simply could not afford motorcycling. Dont know how the hell they do it in the UK with insurance and so on. But glad they do.

Splash
02-12-12, 12:32 PM
I'm young for now, but turn 20 in a few weeks :( I'm based out in Swindon! :)

Pugwash
02-12-12, 12:36 PM
Thanks Splash. I may try and organise a meet for younger riders in the New Year somewhere one nice weekend and see what comes of it. :)

Splash
02-12-12, 12:47 PM
one nice weekend

I'll be holding you to that now, I need a nice weekend, please bring sunshine but no showers! :D

Ash

Conehead
02-12-12, 06:45 PM
Does young at heart count, Age doesnt matter on a biike as far as I care. ;D ;D ;D

fd2526
02-12-12, 08:24 PM
I'm (just) under 30 :-/ only a few miles from trowbridge :)

Loops
02-12-12, 08:55 PM
Thanks Splash. I may try and organise a meet for younger riders in the New Year somewhere one nice weekend and see what comes of it. :)

Or he can always come along on one of the normal rides. I can think of a few old farts who would give him a run for his money - they don't ride like Miss Daisy.....Miss Daisy on speed maybe ;D

Col
03-12-12, 12:39 AM
Get him to sign on like been said Pug/Mark...it isn't compulsory to post bollox tell him but the more the merrier :P

Good meet idea that :)
As a matter of interest how many under 22s are on here ?

See ya at Harp and Crown when your back....must get over there mesen ;D

Pugwash
03-12-12, 06:13 AM
Thanks everyone. We will definitely be along to the H+C when I get back. I think its just being around people their own age. Its not a speed or thrill thing. Remember what it was like when we were teenagers? We knew everything and what did those old guys know? You all sound a great bunch of people and we will see you real soon. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
03-12-12, 10:31 AM
Anyone's welcome. Tell him to pop along on a wednesday. I ride over from Trowbridge if he fancies riding there.... but I am an old fart (31)!!!

Pugwash
03-12-12, 11:58 AM
the pub meets are every Wednesday? The 12th is the day I fly home. May need to do some real sweet talking to make that one. ::)

Jon_W
03-12-12, 01:25 PM
Every wednesday. I won't be able to do the 12th as is work Xmas party.

Pugwash
03-12-12, 02:39 PM
Just got an email from him today so I hope he will join up and get on the road. :)