PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Live NEC

Trev
21-11-12, 08:59 PM
Off to the NEC on Saturday, hope to pick up some bargains and taking the car (a lovely brown Volvo!) to lug it all back and fit a couple of mates in.
Mind you at £16 a ticket and £10 parking I'll need to buy quite a bit to make it worthwhile ;)
Will have licence with me so hope to try a couple of bikes out on the test rides if not too fully booked.

Dabz
21-11-12, 09:11 PM
There's a list in the meets and rides section of which members are going on which day :)

BB
21-11-12, 09:11 PM
Collect your voucher when you pay for parking and get £2 back ;)

Trev
21-11-12, 09:26 PM
There's a list in the meets and rides section of which members are going on which day :)

I'll check it out as happy to act as courier for those going up by bike who just can't resist that bulky bargain - providing they can collect from Blandford area some time

Jon_W
22-11-12, 08:13 AM
Or ride there and the paking is £free!!!

Not so much room for stuff though....

Mitch9128
22-11-12, 11:23 AM
Going up on the bikes with a few mates Sunday, last hurrah of 2012 an all that shiz.

Trev
22-11-12, 04:18 PM
Or ride there and the paking is £free!!!

Not so much room for stuff though....

Yup ridden a couple of times but probably won't do again as each time I turned down a bargain as couldn't get it home. Besides I'm just over 150 miles away from NEC, more on 'interesting' roads, which means a crappy slog on dual carriageways and motorways if I want a decent amount of time at the show and then the 'dance of the bungee straps' and a slow ride home if I buy much.

To all those riding up, stay safe, enjoy the show and the ride :)

Mitch9128
22-11-12, 05:36 PM
Cal Crutchlow will be at the Bridgestone stand on Saturday at 15:00, you heard it here first.

Trev
25-11-12, 03:02 PM
Had good day out at the NEC yesterday, picked up some textile trousers and boots for the other half for a decent price and she came along to ensure a good fit.
I got a pair Red Route kevlar combats for £50 (J&S). Always fancied a pair but not certain I would use them often or get the right fit so opportunity to try a few styles and a get a good price was too good to miss.
Also picked up four paddock stands (cheapie versions) for £70 and a few workshop tools and sundries at decent prices.
One tip is that if you're hoping to test ride a bike I suggest you pre-register, certainly if you're visiting at the weekend. I arrived at 11am and by then all 'over 125cc bikes' were booked.

Wes
25-11-12, 05:30 PM
Sounds good, im going next weekend, cant wait :)

Swanny
25-11-12, 07:08 PM
I got a kiess jacket for £50 and a scottoiler for £75 8-)

Mitch9128
25-11-12, 07:39 PM
I thought it was pants, £19 to get into a shop. Scottoiler for £75? bargin http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scottoiler-V-System-Universal-Motorcycle-Chain-Lube-System-FREE-Dual-Injector-/370682734662?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item564e6 9a846

Swanny
26-11-12, 07:14 PM
Oh well it's still a bargin over shop prices so I'm happy :)
Was a good day out as well

And yea it is basically a big shop ;D
£19 ???? Don't forget fuel and parking

wiltshire builders
27-11-12, 07:32 AM
Oh well it's still a bargin over shop prices so I'm happy :)
Was a good day out as well

And yea it is basically a big shop ;D
£19 ???? Don't forget fuel and parking
It the second mortgage to buy a cuppa and a sandwich that gets me.

Dabz
27-11-12, 07:43 AM
We take a picnic :)

Jon_W
27-11-12, 08:13 AM

So do I. Food is expensive there.... and you have to que.

Mitch9128
27-11-12, 08:22 AM
Had an Olympic breakfast at Little Chef in Cirencester, and didn't need to eat again till 8pm.

QB1
27-11-12, 08:30 AM

So do I. Food is expensive there.... and you have to que.

I went on Saturday and the food stalls were busy but certainly no huge queues.

I went to SubWay in the Food hall and we had about 2 people in front of us, served quickly and no more expensive than Subway normally is.

Must admit I did actually feel the entrance fee was a bit like paying to go to a big Fowlers. I did enjoy it but the actual show seems to be getting smaller and smaller and I didnt see any great show bargains. I think you could buy cheaper online than the prices most were charging for 'show specials'
Not a show I'd go to every year.

Jon_W
27-11-12, 02:46 PM
I must confess that I only go if I can ride. There's not many bikes that I particuarly want to see but it is good to see the bikes. I agrees with you Nicky about the prices, though there is still the odd bargain to pick up and new manufacturer to find.

fd2526
27-11-12, 08:18 PM
My 1st visit in probably 7 years & for the entry cost not as good as I remember it before, but still a decent few hours - got what I needed/wanted so was happy enough ;D

Wes
03-12-12, 08:58 PM
Went yesterday and started off the day right with a spoons brekkie at the NEC, was busy, but still easy to get around, i managed to get Josh Brookes autograph, sound bloke, and hes going to be Guy Martins team mate at the I.O.M next year :) could be interesting. Bought a few trick bits for the blade, and ordered a new can as well, so looking forward to that one dropping on the doorstep (not literally), Generally a good day out with a few mates :)

Jon_W
04-12-12, 08:02 AM
Was a bit of same old same old from my point of view. Some interesting stuff there but seems to be the same traders and stands and no really new bikes. Having said that the electrics were interesting, but that was about it!

Senna(Dan)
04-12-12, 06:52 PM
Very disappointed, I have been for the past 5 years and the last 2 have been disappointing. Even going on the last day everybody was jumping out trying to sell you everything on the stand at 5% off the normal price.

Did however get a few mugs from the Mugs4u.com stand, Billy is a great guy and his artwork is amazing.