PDA

View Full Version : WB Finances 2012 !!!

DC
01-12-12, 12:14 PM
Regarding The WB Finances 2012 thread above,I would be more than happy to put a pound in the bucket every time i turned up at the Harp and Crown and every time I turned up at an official rideout. It wouldnt break the bank personally and if all regular attendees did this religiously the money raised would go a long way to covering site costs and more. So if I turned up every wednesday at The H+C and an official Rideout the most I would have to pay is £5/ month. You can barely buy a pint for that these days and definitely cant buy a gallon of fuel or a packet of fags. What say the rest ??? :)

Jacde
01-12-12, 04:52 PM
Firstly a huge thank to the WB'ers staff who make this forum, you are all fab 8-)

The donation at the beginning of each ride has been raised before but it could mean that someone like Dabz or Rosie or anyone of the WB staff would have to carry upwards of £30 in pound coins around for the day.

The suggestion of a monthly or maybe yearly donation based on how many time you do or might turn up to a WB event is a good idea, I'm happy to make a donation, will send it to you Dabz.

Splash
01-12-12, 05:03 PM
Following on from what Dabz said in his Finance Post, if the active users which consisted of around 1,000 people made a yearly contribution of £1.00, this would cover the costs.

Obviously we can't put an exact figure on active members but if the majority that contributed both online in posts and offline in meets contributed £1.00 or £2.00 by say 31st January 2013 as a deadline, see how much is in the pot (hopefully it'll be full) with Dabz then workout from there the best way to find the rest, i.e pop a pound on a ride or DBT before hand?

Mitch9128
01-12-12, 05:10 PM
I don't bother turning up to rides etc but i frequent 'another' forum and pay the £12 to be a member there, £1 a month is f all in the scheme of things. Supporters there get all sorts of extras, such as bigger mailboxes and more photos, no adverts etc etc

I'd be happy to bung £12 in the pot here every 12 months too.

redken1
01-12-12, 07:44 PM
As WB is one of my favourite websites I am more than happy to continue supporting the site financially via 100 club and other contributions throughout the year. And happy to help out with any fundraising activities.

That said however, I would not be prepared to pay a mandatory membership subscription.

Jacde
01-12-12, 08:36 PM
That said however, I would not be prepared to pay a mandatory membership subscription.

I don't think we will have that happen in WB Ken, Dabz has said on numerous occasions that he wants this to be a subscription free site/club.

Beamer
02-12-12, 08:50 AM
Firstly a huge thank to the WB'ers staff who make this forum, you are all fab 8-)

The donation at the beginning of each ride has been raised before but it could mean that someone like Dabz or Rosie or anyone of the WB staff would have to carry upwards of £30 in pound coins around for the day.

The suggestion of a monthly or maybe yearly donation based on how many time you do or might turn up to a WB event is a good idea, I'm happy to make a donation, will send it to you Dabz.

The 'collection/donation' bucket will be going around at the start of each ride when it begins at McDonalds. One of us, who isn't going on the ride, will be there each month to collect. It was agreed that it isnt fair expecting anyone to ride round all day with the money.....all bases have been covered in relation to handling the money too etc. (Please ask if anyone wants details) :) :) :) :)

KP
02-12-12, 11:14 AM
And please feel free to pm me any ideas you have for a bit of fund raising, i know the calendars already filling up, but we may be able to find a date somewhere to use , or we can carry it over to the next year.

cheers :)

Loops
02-12-12, 12:12 PM
You could suggest that anyone who sells something via the forum pops a few pounds in the kitty too..?

bobf279
02-12-12, 12:55 PM
I like the site being free to join and use. No one should be out of pocket to keep it that way and as I don't attend many rideouts or events I have made a donation.

Gooz
02-12-12, 02:54 PM
I love the fact the forums are free, its a refreshing change and keeps the group current, numbers, raffles and the like are all good ideas, Im also happy to donate, maybe we could put together a WB patch or pin and sell them also to add funds, Wristabands are very popular right now, I would happily sport a sticker on my bike too if anyone has any, little things that add presence are a great way forward.
Either way keep up the good work and don't change it. ::)

bubblylittleme
02-12-12, 05:22 PM
Remember to bring your £12 for a 100 Club number either on a Wed Harp night or to the Xmas Party or Meal. This made over £600 last year but need you all to buy a number..

Conehead
02-12-12, 06:52 PM
I would be very happy to pop a pound in for every ride out. Maybe on each ride out you could have a competition for a pound or two extra, say a poker run or something similar.

Col
03-12-12, 01:08 AM
Happy to bung a £ in the pot if it means I can continue to wind my mate RedKen the jock up ;D ;D...worth every penny :-* ;)

Jon_W
03-12-12, 10:35 AM
This issue came up in the car club a few years back. The solution there was a voultary membership of £10pa. The membership entitled you to a members only section in the site and first refusal for free tickets/ show stand space/ other benifits.

This worked very well and most people joined. There was no feeling of two tier as the system was strictly voulnatry and non members were welcomed.

Just a thought. :)

Jacde
03-12-12, 10:48 AM
Anyone interested in a Wiltshire Bikers Calendar????

YOU will take and submit pictures, the best of which will be selected to appear on the calendar.

The calendar will be prepopulated with WB dates, i.e. Offical Monthly run, Christmas meal and weekend trips, plus general dates like MOTOGP, bike shows etc.

Not sure on price yet, but will be very competitive to a generic calendar with fluffy kittens, cute dogs, quaint cottages or spotty boy bands that you could by in the shops!

redken1
03-12-12, 04:32 PM
Happy to bung a £ in the pot if it means I can continue to wind my mate RedKen the jock up ;D ;D...worth every penny :-* ;)

Col,

You will need to attend a debating course for beginners before you start thinking about even coming close to winding 'The Jock' up.
;) :D ;D

Col
03-12-12, 07:07 PM
What?!?! Ken you actually paid to attend a cut and paste course :D :P

redken1
04-12-12, 06:55 AM
What?!?! Ken you actually paid to attend a cut and paste course :D :P

Yep, your mate PM Blair paid Alastair Campbell a vast amount of cash for doing it and like me he is the son of a Scotsman. :D ;D

Sorry for going off topic :-[ :-/

QB1
04-12-12, 08:32 AM
What about offering members in business an enhanced paid for membership which gives them the option of having an advert with contact details in their signature.

I use a business forum which does that - they charge £36 per annum for full members and free membership for others. They also have a strict rule that business users using the forum can only post advertising type messages if they have full membership. It works very well.

Any bike and bike related businesses in Wiltshire have a great opportunity to gain local business from using the forum and £30 to £40 per annum to do so is very cheap advertising.

QB1
04-12-12, 08:33 AM
You could suggest that anyone who sells something via the forum pops a few pounds in the kitty too..?

That's a good idea - I'll second that one :)

MelkshamKwak
04-12-12, 03:09 PM
Happy to put a quid or two into the bucket, how about (as stated above) some bike stickers or WBB patches??

Jacde
04-12-12, 03:52 PM
There are already in existence stickers for your bike or lid, I believe there are two sizes and colour ways. They are dirt cheap!!
Have a look at the online shop in the site merchandise section.
Or ask Dabz :)

redken1
04-12-12, 05:03 PM
Do we plan to hold an AGM this year or did I miss it? WB finance and fund raising item on agenda is always an excellent opportunity for members to share ideas.

Sapphire
04-12-12, 06:02 PM

YOU will take and submit pictures, the best of which will be selected to appear on the calendar.

The calendar will be prepopulated with WB dates, i.e. Offical Monthly run, Christmas meal and weekend trips, plus general dates like MOTOGP, bike shows etc.

Not sure on price yet, but will be very competitive to a generic calendar with fluffy kittens, cute dogs, quaint cottages or spotty boy bands that you could by in the shops!

I really like this idea jacde.. seeing WBers own bikes in the pages would make it more personal. 8-)

Senna(Dan)
04-12-12, 06:45 PM
I am up for the calendar idea, there are several very nice bikes on this forum and also a a wide variation from superbikes to classics.
I sure Goldie's fella wouldn't mind giving up a couple of hours if we asked him nicely as he seems to be a very dab hand with a camera.
I also think a wiltshire bikers patch would be a nice touch as it also means that bikers who have never heard of us will start to recgonise the logo if there alot of people wandering around with patches on.

Col
04-12-12, 09:35 PM
@ Senna [Dan]

Dude I don't think you quite realise the significance of a patch and what possible grief it could cause if the people on here were to have them

Senna(Dan)
04-12-12, 10:39 PM
Col,
I understand the implication, I wasn't expecting a full on Hells Angel design. Just a small logo that could be sewn onto the arm of your jacket.

Ade
05-12-12, 01:28 AM
Col,
I understand the implication, I wasn't expecting a full on Hells Angel design. Just a small logo that could be sewn onto the arm of your jacket.
From memory, there were quite a lot of posts a year or so ago on a thread about having a WB patch and the possible (likely) problems that wearing such a patch could cause. I think that it was concluded that this wasn't an avenue to go down !! ..

Trev
05-12-12, 07:25 AM

I really like this idea jacde.. seeing WBers own bikes in the pages would make it more personal. 8-)

Sounds like something a little different and I need a calender to replace my Justin Beiber one this year :-[

redken1
05-12-12, 04:45 PM
Do we plan to hold an AGM this year or did I miss it? WB finance and fund raising item on agenda is always an excellent opportunity for members to share ideas.

I take it that's a no then? :-/

Dabz
05-12-12, 04:57 PM
We decided time was against us to organise one, so many of the matters were discussed at the staff meeting. The trouble with an AGM is that people only give ideas once a year where we actually welcome (and need!) them all year round.

redken1
05-12-12, 06:11 PM
We decided time was against us to organise one, so many of the matters were discussed at the staff meeting. The trouble with an AGM is that people only give ideas once a year where we actually welcome (and need!) them all year round.

Fair point James - cheers.

Keep up the hard work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]