PDA

View Full Version : Taxi driver assaults motorcyclist.

YMFB
21-12-12, 06:35 PM
This thread copied from ukgser.com

A friend of mine was on her way home from work when she came to a junction where a taxi driver had blocked her path. He was setting down his fare and when she asked the driver to refrain from causing an obstruction he became argumentative. She called him a naughty name and his reaction was shocking (see YouTube link).
The Police arrived and the took him away and issued him with a caution BEFORE coming back to get her statement. She then complained to the licensing council who held a hearing. The result was he was allowed to keep his hackney carriage licence. This incident has upset her greatly (added to the damage caused to the bike that the Police were not interested in). Has anyone got any suggestions what to do next? Justice has not been done.

The licensing council is:

South Gloucestershire Council
Chief Executive & Corporate Services
The Council Offices
Castle Street,
Thornbury
Bristol
BS35 1HF
Silver Ford Mondeo. Reg. No. LL08 XNK Licence 636

Beware this driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-OpBZcXgg0

Wes
21-12-12, 06:40 PM
Thats southmead hospital site entrance, bet he wouldnt have fancied that if it was a bloke the to$$er, will be keeping an eye out for that one >:(

Long John
21-12-12, 06:58 PM
It may seem a bit obvious, but I would engage the services of a legal expert, no win no fee. It sounds a bit chavy nowadays, but having used this service in a much more difficult situation, it's got to be worth it. Basically, the situation in the video is clear cut and appears to be asault and damage resulting from the action of the driver. In our case once liability was established, it was just a case of agreeing damages. If I remember rightly, it took at least 18 months to settle and we were offered a settlement prior to the court hearing. It didn't take up hardly any of our time and I couldn't care less whether we recieved £50 or £5k, it was a matter of principle. Tell your friend to go for it, the driver will have insurance and is easily indentifiable in the video. Only ever tried to use the NWNF service once and have never considered it since, but well worth it a case such as the incident shown in the video. Good luck.

Swanny
21-12-12, 07:16 PM
He should be deported

Snowy
21-12-12, 07:21 PM
I don't think his car insurance would pay anything - there's no contact between the vehicles. I think its more a criminal offense of assault so the CPS would have to prosecute. Where's our resident expert.......

Swanny
21-12-12, 07:23 PM
He was lucky he picked on a female, imagine if that was your bike led on the floor

KP
21-12-12, 07:23 PM
that is truly awful, fair play to you tho because i would have lost my rag and done something stupid !!

glad your ok :)

Long John
21-12-12, 07:30 PM
Good comment about the insurance, I was trying to establish that you should have no trouble identifying the driver. I'm no solicitor, but I believe the employer has a legal obligation to supply the name and adddress of the driver, same principle in the case of speeding fines registered against company car drivers.

Snowy
21-12-12, 07:37 PM
I would imagine the taxi driver and/or owner would have third party liability cover... that may be an option but firstly the guy needs to be prosecuted in order for anything to happen.

NiteW4tcher
21-12-12, 09:43 PM
He was lucky he picked on a female, imagine if that was your bike led on the floor

he is very lucky....................if that was me id have shoved my boot down his throat and then considered hurting him >:(

Conehead
21-12-12, 10:11 PM
That is disgraceful.

Splash
22-12-12, 09:42 AM
Deport the b*stard, that's disgraceful. I can't understand men who find it acceptable to harm women in any way whatsoever. :@

I think his license should be withdrawn, what if he turns next on one of his passengers?

If I get time over Christmas I am going to write a letter to the licensing council, I don't want to meet people like that on the road, especially ones that offer a public service.

Snowy
22-12-12, 09:59 AM
Deport the b*stard, that's disgraceful. I can't understand men who find it acceptable to harm women in any way whatsoever. :@

I think his license should be withdrawn, what if he turns next on one of his passengers?

If I get time over Christmas I am going to write a letter to the licensing council, I don't want to meet people like that on the road, especially ones that offer a public service.

I sympathise with the sentiment but the licensing authorities can't do anything about it unless he's prosecuted. That's what really needs to happen, then his licence can be removed and compensation can be sought. He may well be a British citizen so deportation is not really an option. Not these days anyway....that's what Australia was useful for ;D

Last Train
22-12-12, 10:07 AM
I'd have just rode around the car ::)

The bloke is definitely in need of a bit of 'attitude correction'.

Snowy
22-12-12, 10:09 AM
I'd have just rode around the car ::)

The bloke is definitely in need of a bit of 'attitude correction'.

Me to and yes, some anger mangement skills are in order.

Scotty
22-12-12, 11:03 AM
he is very lucky....................if that was me id have shoved my boot down his throat and then considered hurting him >:(

Yeah, you're a proper hard man.... What was the point of this comment, who's supposed to be impressed, us or the taxi driver? ::)

I do find it hard to believe that no action has been taken by the Police over this, they surely have enough evidence? Perhaps the local press should be contacted with the details so they can run the story and ask the Police for a response.

Swanny
22-12-12, 11:55 AM
What would you have done if he had head butted you Scotty ??

Swanny
22-12-12, 11:58 AM
He may well be a British citizen so deportation is not really an option. Not these days anyway....that's what Australia was useful for ;D

They should be able to evoke his citizenship, arseholes like him should be sent back to their own countries. I bet if you ask him his nationality he doesn't say British.

NiteW4tcher
22-12-12, 12:39 PM
What would you have done if he had head butted you Scotty ??

called the police for some "justice" ?? never stated i was a "proper hard man"

the point was not to impress you or anyone.

if he had head butted you scotty would you have stood there and taken that whilst you bike lays on the ground?

of course you can call the police and they will do what? wash there hands of it?

im sorry i have a backbone and stand up for what i think needs to be done............. that's whats wrong with this country.

wiltshire builders
22-12-12, 03:22 PM
What is the medical procedure for removing a Ford Mondeo from someones ass called?

Wes
22-12-12, 03:50 PM
What is the medical procedure for removing a Ford Mondeo from someones ass called?
A Mondectomy? :)

wiltshire builders
22-12-12, 04:20 PM
A Mondectomy? :)
Nice! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Col
23-12-12, 12:53 AM

Yeah, you're a proper hard man.... What was the point of this comment, who's supposed to be impressed, us or the taxi driver? ::)

I do find it hard to believe that no action has been taken by the Police over this, they surely have enough evidence? Perhaps the local press should be contacted with the details so they can run the story and ask the Police for a response.

Christy ole plod dontcha think they gotta enough to do at this time of year like sourcing some decent mince pies ffs!!!! get real :-* Happy Christmas

Splash
23-12-12, 07:31 AM

I sympathise with the sentiment but the licensing authorities can't do anything about it unless he's prosecuted. That's what really needs to happen, then his licence can be removed and compensation can be sought. He may well be a British citizen so deportation is not really an option. Not these days anyway....that's what Australia was useful for ;D

Very true, I had a heated moment when I saw that video, would love to get him prosecuted... *Goes off to Law school* but as someone else said, I doubt for a minute he would say his nationality is British. ::)

Snowy
23-12-12, 09:35 AM
He may well be a British citizen so deportation is not really an option. Not these days anyway....that's what Australia was useful for ;D

They should be able to evoke his citizenship, arseholes like him should be sent back to their own countries. I bet if you ask him his nationality he doesn't say British.

Why is everyone assuming he's not British? Is it against possibility for a true Brit to get out of a car and headbutt a biker?

Swanny
23-12-12, 11:27 AM
Why is everyone assuming he's not British? Is it against possibility for a true Brit to get out of a car and headbutt a biker?
Have you been in a taxi lately??
Not sure there are any English drivers left especially in Bristol

Harry87
23-12-12, 11:32 AM
"refrain from causing an obstruction he became argumentative. She called him a naughty name and his reaction was shocking."

Sounds like she started it. Don't start things then cry when you get humiliated. I would have rode around the obstruction and got on with my day instead of trying to educate and provoke taxi drivers.

Swanny
23-12-12, 01:49 PM
The driver must be pretty stupid to headbutt a crash helmet ;D

Splash
23-12-12, 02:52 PM
The driver must be pretty stupid to headbutt a crash helmet ;D

;D

YMFB
24-12-12, 09:28 AM
Is this driver working for a taxi cab firm or owner driver. If he works for a firm maybe they don't want this kind of publicity ?

Ducatista
30-12-12, 01:08 PM
She then complained to the licensing council who held a hearing.

But what are the police doing?