PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else FED up with winter!?

QB1
20-12-12, 11:07 AM
I am now officially FED up with winter.

Fed up with cold crap roads and rain.

I dont care if its pouring on Saturday and I get cold and soaked the bike is coming out for a play.

One day I will retire somewhere hot :)

wiltshire builders
20-12-12, 11:12 AM
Is this winter?
I can't see any difference between this and summer!

QB1
20-12-12, 11:15 AM
Is this winter?
I can't see any difference between this and summer!

;D ;D

Difference is in December you get very cold when you get wet in the summer you just get cold ;D ;D

Snowy
20-12-12, 11:19 AM
A particularly wet riding season its been for sure. I have a tradition of getting out on the bike on Christmas Day and New Years day for a traffic free blat so I'm hoping the snow and ice stays away.

jonnydangerous
20-12-12, 11:24 AM
bring on the rain!!!!!...... makes it much better for us OFF ROADERS ;)

Splash
20-12-12, 11:25 AM
A particularly wet riding season its been for sure. I have a tradition of getting out on the bike on Christmas Day and New Years day for a traffic free blat so I'm hoping the snow and ice stays away.

+1 to that!

QB1
20-12-12, 11:29 AM

Sounds much more fun than sat in the house all day...mind you not sure the OH and family would be too impressed if I disappear off on the bike.

Nelly
20-12-12, 11:43 AM
Sick of it!
I normally ride all year but as of late just cant be arsed! I think it may well be to do with the fact that i seemed to have been drenched since april. :(

PS If i hear anyone mention hose pipe ban in the new year, i WILL become violent! >:(

Dabz
20-12-12, 11:45 AM
Not to sound pessamistic but it's only December - the worst is yet to come :( Jan/Feb have been awful - colder and wetter - in recent years. Let's hope we get another scorching March!

QB1
20-12-12, 11:48 AM
Not to sound pessamistic but it's only December - the worst is yet to come :( Jan/Feb have been awful - colder and wetter - in recent years. Let's hope we get another scorching March!

Although I am utterly fed up Jan and Feb are after Christmas which means summer is on the way, and with the longest day tomorrow days get longer which is good. Day dreaming of last March already :) :)

redken1
20-12-12, 11:49 AM
Shortest day tomorrow - long light evenings after that :P ;) :D ;D

QB1
20-12-12, 11:52 AM

Although I am utterly fed up Jan and Feb are after Christmas which means summer is on the way, and with the longest day tomorrow days get longer which is good. Day dreaming of last March already :) :)

Oops meant shortest day :-[

spudgun
20-12-12, 11:57 AM
bring on the rain!!!!!...... makes it much better for us OFF ROADERS ;)

Totally agree, slippery banks, logs to hop etc - can't wait for some snow :D

Swanny
20-12-12, 12:12 PM
PS If i hear anyone mention hose pipe ban in the new year, i WILL become violent! >:(
I was thinking that yesterday. I bet they try the classic "We've had the wrong type of rain" BS again.

That's if it ever does stop raining, which according to a program my mate watched the other day it's not going to. Apparently the jet stream has moved.

Geordie Stu
20-12-12, 12:54 PM
To put an even more "damper" outlook on thing to come. The experts claim due to global warming the weather all year round will get milder & wetter. ::)

Kevinb
20-12-12, 01:38 PM
I am now officially FED up with winter.

Fed up with cold crap roads and rain.

I dont care if its pouring on Saturday and I get cold and soaked the bike is coming out for a play.

One day I will retire somewhere hot :)

We went to Riders in the car last Saturday got back to Trowbridge and went out on the bike. Both ended up wet and cold (luckily only on the way home).

Ducatista
20-12-12, 03:41 PM
I had a lovely ride on Saturday of 130 miles. The roads were a bit slipperly but at 6-8 degrees I didn't get too cold and didn't get wet at all with the right gear.

spudgun
20-12-12, 03:44 PM
Treat yourselfs to a day in the mud

http://www.sxsuk.com/
:)

Snowy
20-12-12, 04:25 PM
I find that once the roads have had a sprinkling of salt and grit, washed off with a bit (OK a lot) of rain, the tarmac is actually quite grippy as much of the grease and oil has been washed away. I would be tempted to say that generally, grip levels in winter are actually higher than in the summer for that reason, even taking the temperature variations into account. I was out for a blat last saturday and had a great time ;)

You still have to watch out for mud and gravel mind.....

QB1
20-12-12, 04:29 PM
I had a lovely ride on Saturday of 130 miles. The roads were a bit slipperly but at 6-8 degrees I didn't get too cold and didn't get wet at all with the right gear.

I ride my bike all year round, cold and wet as such doesn't bother me if I'm in the mood to get the bike out, but, the simple fact is for me its just not as much fun as a lovely warm day.

I'm just fed up with the winter.

I actually find the short days with grim grey skies dismal and long for a nice warm day with a clear blue sky to enjoy a really good ride out.

QB1
20-12-12, 04:31 PM
Treat yourselfs to a day in the mud

http://www.sxsuk.com/
:)

I've tried off roading and used to ride a bike off road before I even got my licence but not for me now. I do see the attraction but not my cup of tea.

Wes
20-12-12, 05:28 PM
Yes very, as im also lucky enough to work outdoors as well ::), cant even get all my kit dry in time for the next days start, its relentless at the moment.

8_ball
20-12-12, 07:37 PM
Its not good out there,...just when you think the roads are okay they bite you on the arse....I had a close call today coming out of Frome hit a round about and was sideways aqua planning, not fun... :-/ had to stop the bike from hitting the deck with a dab of the boot on the tar mack :o luckly not going fast enough for any real damage.

Swanny
20-12-12, 09:34 PM
Me and a couple of mates are going to get back in to green laneing this summer, at least the mud is fun then

Scotty
20-12-12, 11:14 PM
Me and a couple of mates are going to get back in to green laneing this summer, at least the mud is fun then
Why wait until Summer? That's road riding time and the ground is hard and unyielding so if you do jump off, it hurts a lot more. Now's the time for laning, the byways aren't as busy, it's more challenging and hurts less if you get it wrong...

Toph
20-12-12, 11:22 PM
are there any byways left Si? :o :o
A workmate who enjoys laning says loads are being restricted .. he's thinking of selling his WR450..

seems rideable byways are disappearing fast. >:( :(

Swanny
21-12-12, 01:09 AM
The government doesn't like to see people having fun >:(

BB
21-12-12, 07:37 AM

Oops meant shortest day :-[

Or longest night! :D

BB

Bonnielass
21-12-12, 08:16 AM
Totally agree with Nicky, cold dark and miserable but now the shortest day is here there is a light at the end of this long dark tunnel, spring is on it's way!!! :) 8-)

Last Train
21-12-12, 09:10 AM
Happy New Year everyone

:) :)

Rabb
27-12-12, 09:57 PM
Happy New Year guys & gals
Can't wait for spring - However this heated clothing is lush.

Swanny
28-12-12, 01:06 AM
Haven't given my heated vest a proper test yet

Rabb
28-12-12, 08:55 PM
Haven't given my heated vest a proper test yet

What make have you got ?
Keis?

Swanny
29-12-12, 12:42 AM
Yep Keis :)

Last Train
29-12-12, 08:41 AM
Yep, another blat, this time the Cabin Fever meet at the NMM, written off FFS.

One's ire is rising.

>:(

Nelly
29-12-12, 10:34 AM
Yep, another blat, this time the Cabin Fever meet at the NMM, written off FFS.

One's ire is rising.

>:(

/\ Yeah that! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jon_W
29-12-12, 11:49 AM
Not fed up with winter, just wish it would stop raining so much....

Swanny
29-12-12, 12:20 PM
Oh gosh it's raining right now just for a change :-?

Goldie
31-12-12, 09:19 AM
Piss off, rain. I'm getting antsy now >:(

Swanny
31-12-12, 11:00 AM
Oh is it raining again??? :-/

Last Train
01-01-13, 05:39 PM
Not today.....

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dance.gif (http://www.sherv.net/dance-emoticon-311.html)

redken1
01-01-13, 05:45 PM
Had a wee blast myself today and by heck did I enjoy that. I suppose I could liken it to seeing the wife after a 6 month jail stint. (not that I would know of course) :D :o :P