PDA

View Full Version : I need to ride

Swanny
30-12-12, 01:37 PM
Feels like I haven't ridden my bike forever :'(
Sat here watching Baron Von Grumble riding around on hot sunny summer days doesn't help.
Almost tempted to get out on mine but don't want to go out on the roads and get the bike and me plastered in dirty spray.
Supposed to be sunny on new years day though 8-)

Anyone else missing their bike??

Roll on a long hot dry summer

redken1
30-12-12, 02:35 PM
For various reasons, in the past couple of years I haven't got out on the bike as much as I would have liked.

I’m making the most of the bad weather in terms of getting all the outstanding jobs done so when it improves I’ll have plenty of more spare time this year to get out on the bike. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Wes
30-12-12, 02:40 PM
Yes mate, seems an eternity, especially as I've had some time off work ::) been watching the baron as well, it must count as therapy ;D

Swanny
30-12-12, 02:46 PM
Just took the dog for a walk along the canal before I started I was thinking sod it I'll go out but now I'm cold and muddy and can't be bothered

Oh well

redken1
30-12-12, 02:56 PM
Just took the dog for a walk along the canal before I started I was thinking sod it I'll go out but now I'm cold and muddy and can't be bothered

Oh well

I often thought those bikers who can afford to live in the south of Spain or similar climes for around 4 months of the year are very lucky.

Ducatista
30-12-12, 03:46 PM
Anyone else missing their bike??

Nope, but then I ride mine :)

So what if it's dirty.

BB
30-12-12, 03:54 PM
It will wash! Just power washed my 1949 Ajay! 8-)

BB

QB1
30-12-12, 04:07 PM
Roll on a long hot dry summer

I'll second that.

Not so much missing my bike as I dont mind riding in the winter but missing the heat and sunshine, and nice clean, dry, warm tarmac.

I dont mind getting me and the bike dirty as it takes minutes to swill it off after a ride but I cant wait to get up early for a ride on a hot summer day. The sort where the sky is blue the sun is warm, your visor gets covered in flies and you actually feel hot wearing bike gear....oh roll on summer :)

BB
30-12-12, 04:09 PM
I remember days like that too .... :)

BB

bobf279
30-12-12, 05:57 PM
I've got loads of winter gear, it just takes forever to get dressed and I feel like the michelin man but its worth it if you get a good ride. Mud washes off easily enough.

8_ball
30-12-12, 06:18 PM
JUST GO OUT, its great out here........the roads are empty ! apart from a few.
dirt, well youll get that even in the summer..... :-X

Senna(Dan)
30-12-12, 06:47 PM
Christmas day was the best ride I have been on since July, we saw 1 car in 2 hours of riding. I know that New Years Day won't be the same but it may well be just as enjoyable.

Toph
30-12-12, 06:51 PM
The weather's going to be drier for the new years day bank hol... :)
I'm going out ..got to get a ride in.. just gonna ride.. and see where I end up. 8-)

gary_a
30-12-12, 07:09 PM
uncle swann just ride your bike ;D but i will be suffering a hangover new years day so no biking for me mate, oh happy new year and ride safe ;)

skippernick
30-12-12, 07:45 PM
Wish i could but mine's laid up with holes in the downpipes. Can't get a welder to fix it until the new year. >:(

voodoo
30-12-12, 08:07 PM
went for a short bimble today but new tyres on wet roads weren't the greatest combination :D

Jon_W
01-01-13, 12:48 PM
Take it for a ride. Big plus of the rain is that there's not a lot of salt about.

Swanny
01-01-13, 04:51 PM
I had a nice little bimble on the bike
Tried out my new Keis vest, lovely and warm :)

mikeapm
01-01-13, 06:39 PM
tyres pumped up, new heated gloves plugged in and cruised around for half hour or so. Toasty hands all the way. If I had remembered sunglasses it would have been perfect.

Toph
01-01-13, 08:03 PM
5 of us went out today.. roads around Pewsey were a bit muddy and flooded, :o
T'was a little chilly, but felt sooo good to get out for a bimble. :) :)

redken1
03-01-13, 07:09 PM
Don’t shoot the messenger.

Did anyone see tonight’s news about increasing levels of rainfall over the past 60 years? If predictions prove to be correct we had better get used to it. :( :( :(

Snowy
03-01-13, 07:37 PM

Did anyone see tonight’s news about increasing levels of rainfall over the past 60 years? If predictions prove to be correct we had better get used to it. :( :( :(

A couple of years ago the talk was about frozen winters where the channel would freeze and we will be able to walk to France, followed by hot dry summers. Take your pick really,the weather guessers are not paid by results :D

redken1
03-01-13, 07:54 PM

A couple of years ago the talk was about frozen winters where the channel would freeze and we will be able to walk to France, followed by hot dry summers. Take your pick really,the weather guessers are not paid by results :D

Weather guessers?

I suppose it all boils down to how much you believe the scientists? Not an expert on the subject, but would have thought rainfall levels could be measured accurately. I haven’t read enough about it to make an informed judgement as to how much of the increase in rainfall can be attributed to global warming.

Just saying. Lol ;D

Swanny
04-01-13, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcm9qsVaf0o

Crosbie
04-01-13, 09:17 AM

Weather guessers?

I suppose it all boils down to how much you believe the scientists? Not an expert on the subject, but would have thought rainfall levels could be measured accurately. I haven’t read enough about it to make an informed judgement as to how much of the increase in rainfall can be attributed to global warming.

Just saying. Lol ;D

Global warming is a myth, hoax, load of BS..... Proven. There were a number of reporst that came out in the media a couple of years ago taking about how the scientists coming up with all the global warming numbers had been very selective of the numbers used in calculating averages etc ;)

Global warming is a tax and nothing more.

Remember how were were/are destroying the ozone layer.... think again - the lage hole in the ozone they we kicking up fuss about has pretty much repaired its self (somehting we were told at the time was not possible)

ALL LIES! Nature is a work here ;D Dam you Nature, bugger off to the Sudan or Chile for this year would you! Please :-*

Geordie Stu
04-01-13, 09:23 AM

I saw that. Also that due to "Global warming" The winds coming down from the north carrying more moisture this will shift the jet stream casuing milder winters & wetter summers. We'll be known as Wiltshire Jet Skiers ::)

Jon_W
04-01-13, 01:26 PM
There will then e moaning about too little rain.... ;D

Swanny
04-01-13, 01:42 PM
Global warming is a myth, hoax, load of BS..... Proven. There were a number of reporst that came out in the media a couple of years ago taking about how the scientists coming up with all the global warming numbers had been very selective of the numbers used in calculating averages etc ;)

Remember how were were/are destroying the ozone layer.... think again - the lage hole in the ozone they we kicking up fuss about has pretty much repaired its self (somehting we were told at the time was not possible)

ALL LIES! Nature is a work here ;D Dam you Nature, bugger off to the Sudan or Chile for this year would you! Please :-*
+1

Snowy
04-01-13, 03:29 PM

+1

There is not doubt that the underlying trend at present is that global temperatures are rising - its 0.18 degrees per decade IIRC as an average. However, what is more difficult to understand is how much (if any) of this increase is down to our misuse of the planets resources or due to the natural temperature variation that the Earth has - the main variable of which is due to the sun's radiation activity. Global warming due to carbon emissions is also one of these variables but it seems impossible as yet for any of the scientists to agree on how much its changing the weather from what would be happening anyway.

Dabz
04-01-13, 03:41 PM
I really can't understand how people still believe that global warming is lies/myth. Yes, the planet warms up and cools down on a cycle and we are now in a warming period of that cycle, but the facts are that the planet is warming an hundreds of times faster than the same period in previous cycles, down to carbon emissions.

Perhaps I'm as convinced by the things I've read as others are by the contradictory things they've read though :-?

bobf279
04-01-13, 03:48 PM
Well the weather was kind enough today for me enjoy a nice bimble

Crosbie
04-01-13, 04:10 PM
I really can't understand how people still believe that global warming is lies/myth. Yes, the planet warms up and cools down on a cycle and we are now in a warming period of that cycle, but the facts are that the planet is warming an hundreds of times faster than the same period in previous cycles, down to carbon emissions.

Perhaps I'm as convinced by the things I've read as others are by the contradictory things they've read though :-?

Its all swings and roundabouts ;) I get alot of paperwork comethrough the office here on theories, studys, technologies relating to global warming and reducing C02 both for and against (a lot of it is never discussed in the media). There is no doubt reducing the human contribution of C02 is a good thing but C02 from human activity is not the primary reason the plant is warming. All throughout history there are large periods of time where facotors not relating to human activities have increased and reduced C02, methane, nitros oxide etc.

I think you will find alot of media and leader hype behind behind reducing emissions is because it is making a few people in the world very rich from technology development and manufacturing, easy taxing and forcing people to spend money on new technologies to get any where in the word and im not refering just to transport this appies to everything :o

redken1
04-01-13, 05:50 PM
“All Lies”? Or are we in denial because the truth on global warming is too painful to face up to?

The survey of the world’s scientific community featured in the following extracts from the ‘Science daily’ publication article in 2009 is probably the most comprehensive of its kind ever carried out. Although completed some time ago it is still very much relevant to the debate on this thread.

A group of 3,146 earth scientists surveyed around the world overwhelmingly agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising, and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.
Peter Doran, University of Illinois at Chicago associate professor of earth and environmental sciences, along with former graduate student Maggie Kendall Zimmerman, conducted the survey late last year.
The findings appear January 19 in the publication Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union.
In trying to overcome criticism of earlier attempts to gauge the view of earth scientists on global warming and the human impact factor, Doran and Kendall Zimmerman sought the opinion of the most complete list of earth scientists they could find, contacting more than 10,200 experts around the world listed in the 2007 edition of the American Geological Institute's Directory of Geoscience Departments.
Experts in academia and government research centres were e-mailed invitations to participate in the on-line poll conducted by the website questionpro.com. Only those invited could participate and computer IP addresses of participants were recorded and used to prevent repeat voting. Questions used were reviewed by a polling expert who checked for bias in phrasing, such as suggesting an answer by the way a question was worded. The nine-question survey was short, taking just a few minutes to complete.
Two questions were key: have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures.
About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.
In analyzing responses by sub-groups, Doran found that climatologists who are active in research showed the strongest consensus on the causes of global warming, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role. Petroleum geologists and meteorologists were among the biggest doubters, with only 47 and 64 percent respectively believing in human involvement. Doran compared their responses to a recent poll showing only 58 percent of the public thinks human activity contributes to global warming.
"The petroleum geologist response is not too surprising, but the meteorologists' is very interesting," he said. "Most members of the public think meteorologists know climate, but most of them actually study very short-term phenomenon."
He was not surprised, however, by the near-unanimous agreement by climatologists.
"They're the ones who study and publish on climate science. So I guess the take-home message is, the more you know about the field of climate science, the more you're likely to believe in global warming and humankind's contribution to it."

For the sake of future generations, let’s hope the experts have got it wrong.

Apologies for the long post, but a very complex issue.

Swanny
04-01-13, 06:12 PM
It's just an excuse to add more taxes. Just a big scam.
Weather is changing but it's not because of us. The whole debate about Co2 is a joke ;D

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/

Swanny
04-01-13, 06:41 PM
"CO2 is not a pollutant. In simple terms, CO2 is plant food. The green world we see around us would disappear if not for atmospheric CO2. These plants largely evolved at a time when the atmospheric CO2 concentration was many times what it is today. Indeed, numerous studies indicate the present biosphere is being invigorated by the human-induced rise of CO2. In and of itself, therefore, the increasing concentration of CO2 does not pose a toxic risk to the planet." - John R. Christy, Ph.D. Professor of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Alabama

"Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant but a naturally occurring, beneficial trace gas in the atmosphere. For the past few million years, the Earth has existed in a state of relative carbon dioxide starvation compared with earlier periods. There is no empirical evidence that levels double or even triple those of today will be harmful, climatically or otherwise. As a vital element in plant photosynthesis, carbon dioxide is the basis of the planetary food chain - literally the staff of life. Its increase in the atmosphere leads mainly to the greening of the planet. To label carbon dioxide a "pollutant" is an abuse of language, logic and science." - Robert M. Carter, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental and Earth Sciences, James Cook University

"Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. On the contrary, it makes crops and forests grow faster. Economic analysis has demonstrated that more CO2 and a warmer climate will raise GNP and therefore average income. It's axiomatic that bureaucracies always want to expand their scope of operations. This is especially true of EPA, which is primarily a regulatory agency. As air and water pollution disappear as prime issues, as acid rain and stratospheric-ozone depletion fade from public view, climate change seems like the best growth area for regulators. It has the additional glamour of being international and therefore appeals to those who favor world governance over national sovereignty. Therefore, labeling carbon dioxide, the product of fossil-fuel burning, as a pollutant has a high priority for EPA as a first step in that direction." - S. Fred Singer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia

"To state in public that carbon dioxide is a pollutant is a public advertisement of a lack of basic school child science. Pollution kills, carbon dioxide leads to the thriving of life on Earth and increased biodiversity. Carbon dioxide is actually plant food." - Ian R. Plimer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne

"Carbon and CO2 (carbon dioxide) are fundamental for all life on Earth. CO2 is a colorless, odorless, non-toxic gas. CO2 is product of our breathing, and is used in numerous common applications like fire extinguishers, baking soda, carbonated drinks, life jackets, cooling agent, etc. Plants' photosynthesis consume CO2 from the air when the plants make their carbohydrates, which bring the CO2 back to the air again when the plants rot or are being burned." - Tom V. Segalstad, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Geology, University of Oslo

"To suddenly label CO2 as a "pollutant" is a disservice to a gas that has played an enormous role in the development and sustainability of all life on this wonderful Earth. Mother Earth has clearly ruled that CO2 is not a pollutant." - Robert C. Balling Jr., Ph.D. Professor of Climatology, Arizona State University

"C02 is not a pollutant as Gore infers. It is, in fact essential to life on the planet. Without it there are no plants, therefore no oxygen and no life. At 385 ppm current levels the plants are undernourished. The geologic evidence shows an average level of 1000 ppm over 600 million years. Research shows plants function most efficiently at 1000-2000 ppm. Commercial greenhouses use the information and are pumping C02 to these levels and achieve four times the yield with educed water use. At 200 ppm, the plants suffer seriously and at 150 ppm, they begin to die. So if Gore achieves his goal of reducing C02 he will destroy the planet." - Tim F. Ball, Ph.D. Climatology

"Many chemicals are absolutely necessary for humans to live, for instance oxygen. Just as necessary, human metabolism produces by-products that are exhaled, like carbon dioxide and water vapor. So, the production of carbon dioxide is necessary, on the most basic level, for humans to survive. The carbon dioxide that is emitted as part of a wide variety of natural processes is, in turn, necessary for vegetation to live. It turns out that most vegetation is somewhat 'starved' for carbon dioxide, as experiments have shown that a wide variety of plants grow faster, and are more drought tolerant, in the presence of doubled carbon dioxide concentrations. Fertilization of the global atmosphere with the extra CO2 that mankind's activities have emitted in the last century is believed to have helped increase agricultural productivity. In short, carbon dioxide is a natural part of our environment, necessary for life, both as 'food' and as a by-product." - Roy Spencer, Ph.D. Meteorology, Former Senior Scientist for Climate Studies, NASA

Snowy
04-01-13, 06:42 PM
My personal view is that there's no doubt whatsoever that everything we've been shoving into the atmosphere ever since the industrial revolution has to have had an effect. Now with over 6 billion people on the planet and with China, the US and most other countries adding enormous quantities of pollutants into the atmosphere I'm struggling to think how that can be a good thing. And if its not a good thing then it has to be a bad thing. It is tremendously complicated issue - far more difficult to predict than the weather patterns for the coming week. And they don't get that right either.

And now they're all jumping on the bandwagon to reach the new Arctic oil and gas fields being exposed as the ice is melting. Forget the jetstream, its when the Gulf stream stops that we in the UK will really be in trouble. Its all our own fault though as we provide the demand for the oil exploration and then pump the air with the nasty stuff.

Its very complicated though - way beyond my intellect to understand.

Swanny
04-01-13, 06:44 PM
"I am at a loss to understand why anyone would regard carbon dioxide as a pollutant. Carbon dioxide, a natural gas produced by human respiration, is a plant nutrient that is beneficial both for people and for the natural environment. It promotes plant growth and reforestation. Faster-growing trees mean lower housing costs for consumers and more habitat for wild species. Higher agricultural yields from carbon dioxide fertilization will result in lower food prices and will facilitate conservation by limiting the need to convert wild areas to arable land." - David Deming, Ph.D. Professor of Geology and Geophysics, University of Oklahoma

"Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. It is a colorless, odorless trace gas that actually sustains life on this planet. Consider the simple dynamics of human energy acquisition, which occurs daily across the globe. We eat plants directly, or we consume animals that have fed upon plants, to obtain the energy we need. But where do plants get their energy? Plants produce their own energy during a process called photosynthesis, which uses sunlight to combine water and carbon dioxide into sugars for supporting overall growth and development. Hence, CO2 is the primary raw material that plants depend upon for their existence. Because plants reside beneath animals (including humans) on the food chain, their healthy existence ultimately determines our own. Carbon dioxide can hardly be labeled a pollutant, for it is the basic substrate that allows life to persist on Earth." - Keith E. Idso, Ph.D. Botany

"To classify carbon dioxide as a pollutant is thus nothing short of scientific chicanery, for reasons that have nothing to do with science, but based purely on the pseudo-science so eagerly practiced by academia across the world in order to keep their funding sources open to the governmental decrees, which are in turn based on totally false IPCC dogma (yes, dogma - not science)." - Hans Schreuder, Analytical Chemist

"Atmospheric CO2 is required for life by both plants and animals. It is the sole source of carbon in all of the protein, carbohydrate, fat, and other organic molecules of which living things are constructed. Plants extract carbon from atmospheric CO2 and are thereby fertilized. Animals obtain their carbon from plants. Without atmospheric CO2, none of the life we see on Earth would exist. Water, oxygen, and carbon dioxide are the three most important substances that make life possible. They are surely not environmental pollutants." - Arthur B. Robinson, Ph.D. Professor of Chemistry

http://www.populartechnology.net/2008/11/carbon-dioxide-co2-is-not-pollution.html

Swanny
04-01-13, 06:49 PM
From 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-Tb7vTamY

Snowy
04-01-13, 06:55 PM
Carbon Dioxide is a natural occuring gas and without it we would not be here. However, thats in its natural balance. Too much CO2 is a bad thing. Watch the Apollo 13 film for a real life example of why too much CO2 is a bad thing to animals including us that breath air. There needs to be a natural balance on this planet - when the balance is lost there's too much or too little of those things that when balanced give us life. And since we're dismantling the rain forests where CO2 is converted to oxygen we're getting too much CO2 in the atmosphere. IMHO of course..... ;)

I'm just waiting for some bright spark to state that there's not enough Carbon Monoxide in the air......... a major byproduct of combustion engines.

Swanny
04-01-13, 06:57 PM
Don't worry the planet will carry on nicely without humans on it :)

Snowy
04-01-13, 06:59 PM
Don't worry the planet will carry on nicely without humans on it :)

It would definately recover because we wouldn't be polluting the atmosphere anymore.

Swanny
04-01-13, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgQX3ndQQg4

Swanny
04-01-13, 07:12 PM
If I was the type of person to worry which thankfully I'm not I would be worried about the continual nuclear meltdown happening in Fukushima Japan.
This has been constant since 11th March 2011

That is much more likely to kill you and your family than the global warming hoax yet our government or any other government does nothing to stop it :-/

If you want to get away from that then you need to move to the Southern hemisphere where you will be safer for a while.

Swanny
04-01-13, 07:22 PM
Hehe this is really good.

Part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01fQD5syyo

8_ball
04-01-13, 07:30 PM
Im bored ;D

Swanny
04-01-13, 07:37 PM
Get out on your bike then ;)

redken1
04-01-13, 07:45 PM
Why would the vast majority of those who have dedicated most of their working lives researching global warming, the climatologists lie and be part of a ‘scam’?

It seems to me that the loudest voices arguing against the findings of the climatologists are the oil companies, their agents and the politicians they sponsor.

The US is one of the biggest polluters so I was not surprised at the time, when Former president George W Bush pulled out of the Kyoto agreement which set targets for reducing CO2 emissions. The then President pulled out of the Kyoto Protocol in 2001, saying, “implementing it would gravely damage the US economy.”

My money is on the independent scientists and not the champions (or their bankrolled agents) of the capitalist free market economy who have a clear conflict of interest.

You wouldn't expect Turkeys to vote for Christmas, would you? :-?

Goldie
04-01-13, 07:45 PM
:o

I've been out for an hour tonight - quiet roads and it's mild too 8-)

Swanny
04-01-13, 08:07 PM
Ken
Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for Global Warming fraud / John Coleman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ&feature=related

Nice one Goldie [smiley=thumbup.gif]

redken1
04-01-13, 09:38 PM
Swanny I don’t want to get bogged down with who said what and when, but suggest you check out this John Coleman chap before you believe all his claims.

30,000 so called ‘scientists’ (only 9,000 of whom actually have phDs) signed a petition in 1998 against global warming. Turns out apparently, none agreed to be party to a lawsuit (I’m happy to stand corrected). No one asks Coleman how he got all those people to agree to sign onto a lawsuit, nor is he asked what the legal grounds for the suit will be. As far as I can ascertain, 5 years on and no lawsuit was ever filed against Al Gore.

Snowy
04-01-13, 10:19 PM
According to the Washington Post, John Coleman's claims were taken from a report funded by the Science and Public Policy Institute - which is a very official sounding name from what to me appears to be nothing more than a conspiracy theorist website who's President is a long term Capital Hill politician. These guys are still claiming that sea levels aren't rising - yeah right, tell that to the Penguins in Antarctica ;) Their "Articles" are all written by "staff" from what I can tell anyway.

Well, I think I'm out of this particular thread now, I never have and never will get taken in by conspiracy theories. That's my opinion and everyone else is entitled to their's. I still believe we landed on the moon ;)

redken1
04-01-13, 10:42 PM
Graeme, I wouldn’t dismiss all conspiracy theories out of hand, but judge each one on its own merits.

Despite the vast majority of doubters, it took the families of the Hillsborough victims over 20 years to prove that their conspiracy theory was indeed actually true. >:(

What about Mohamed Al Fayed’s claim that Diana and his son Dodi’s death was not an accident, but a ‘conspiracy’? ::) :-? ;)

Snowy
04-01-13, 11:02 PM
Graeme, I wouldn’t dismiss all conspiracy theories out of hand, but judge each one on its own merits.

Despite the vast majority of doubters, it took the families of the Hillsborough victims over 20 years to prove that their conspiracy theory was indeed actually true. >:(

What about Mohamed Al Fayed’s claim that Diana and his son Dodi’s death was not an accident, but a ‘conspiracy’? ::) :-? ;)

Good point ken :)

But we did land on the moon ;)

redken1
04-01-13, 11:10 PM
This too much agreeing is not healthy ;D

But yes I agree, we must have landed on the moon otherwise the 'clangers' would never have been discovered. :D ;) ;D

8_ball
04-01-13, 11:35 PM
Get out on your bike then ;)

I do , I will , and I will not care about the weather ?? :'(

Snowy
04-01-13, 11:40 PM

But yes I agree, we must have landed on the moon otherwise the 'clangers' would never have been discovered. :D ;) ;D

And there's no such thing as "Fergie Time"......................................... :o

Swanny
05-01-13, 02:53 AM
Selfish I know but I probably only have 20 years left max and no kids so I don't care about global warming :P :)

Last Train
05-01-13, 08:43 AM

;D ;D

A13X4ND7A
05-01-13, 08:49 AM
Im hoping to get a ride in today, its been far too long and too full of illness :(

Swanny
05-01-13, 09:16 AM
I need to get a new tyre. Good excuse to go for a ride. :)

redken1
05-01-13, 11:13 AM

And there's no such thing as "Fergie Time"......................................... :o

Well, believers say that only ‘God’ can control time. :D ;) ;D

Dabz
05-01-13, 04:56 PM
Did 120 miles today, loads of fun :D

Swanny
06-01-13, 01:20 AM
Forget global warming, Alaska is headed for an ice age

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/forget-global-warming-alaska-headed-ice-age

Dabz
06-01-13, 09:53 AM
That IS global warning...it doesn't just mean "everywhere is getting warmer" lol

Snowy
06-01-13, 12:27 PM
Yeah, its the underlying global trend which is important - as that is towards warmer temperatures, some places will get colder and others warmer. As an example, should the Gulf Stream slow down or move due to desalination from melted Arctic waters (due to warmer temperatures there), then we could be faced with severe cold winters over here.

We also need to start looking at the bigger picture - move outside of our own personal bubble of where we live and our own longevity. The earth's climate has and always will change slowly compared to one of our generations, so looking at what's happened over just a few years or decades really isn't looking at the underlying trend.

Damn, and I said I was out of this thread ::) :D :)

Swanny
06-01-13, 07:29 PM
That IS global warning...it doesn't just mean "everywhere is getting warmer" lol
Ah but they've been telling us the icecap is melting which is a lie

Snowy
06-01-13, 07:32 PM
Ah but they've been telling us the icecap is melting which is a lie

Where did you read that one Swanny?

Here's one example of many that tells the opposite is true:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/sep/14/arctic-sea-ice-smallest-extent

Dabz
06-01-13, 09:14 PM
Erm there's no question that the ice caps are melting - the satellite pics and evidence are everywhere.

Must not get drawn into this big debate but its so hard :p

Swanny
07-01-13, 12:15 AM
From the info I've seen they are definitely growing

Someone's lying. Follow the money to work out which one.

Jon_W
07-01-13, 07:55 AM
You gotta lay off. You might become paranoid..... ;)

Dabz
07-01-13, 07:58 AM

:D ;D

Snowy
07-01-13, 09:21 AM
I'm sure that you can find a website somewhere in the world that will claim all the satelite imagery has been photoshoped, video from the International Space Station has been edited with special effects and that all the researchers that go to the polar icecaps have been bribed by the oil companies to deliberately falsify the evidence ;) :D :o :-? ::) :-X

Swanny
07-01-13, 05:54 PM
Ok here's a question for those that believe in global warming.
If it's as bad as they say and the climate is going to get worst and worst is it a good idea to bring children into the world??
Things are ok-ish now but what about in 20 years time??

:)

Swanny
07-01-13, 05:55 PM

If that is meant for me I'm not the slightest bit paranoid as I don't believe in global warming :P

Swanny
07-01-13, 05:57 PM
I'm sure that you can find a website somewhere in the world that will claim all the satelite imagery has been photoshoped, video from the International Space Station has been edited with special effects and that all the researchers that go to the polar icecaps have been bribed by the oil companies to deliberately falsify the evidence ;) :D :o :-? ::) :-X

Exactly. Do you unquestionably believe everything your government and the main stream media tells you?
;)

Swanny
07-01-13, 06:15 PM
As I don't watch tele if I'm interested in a subject I do a lot of research. When the truth started coming out about global warming (emails) I looked into it. From what I've seen there is nothing to worry about in regards to global warming, apart from the extra taxes etc. Sadly the same can't be said about Fukushima. If you want something to worry about that's all you need :D

Swanny
07-01-13, 06:22 PM
Oh yea more global warming in action
;)

China's Coldest Winter in Decades

http://www.weather.com/news/china-coldest-winter-20130106

Maybe when we are encased in ice you will realise that you're being lied to ;D

Dabz
07-01-13, 07:07 PM
Lol can't you understand tho, this cold Chinese winter is CAUSED by global warming. Global warming doesn't simply mean "everywhere is getting warmer". Snowy has already explained why it is causing these new low temperatures in Alaska...

A lot of conspiracy theorists have the same trait in that they'll believe some of what they read and ignore other parts to make their theory have more weight

redken1
07-01-13, 07:12 PM
As you know there is no bigger sceptic than me Swanny. Despite the lack of hard evidence to back up your claims I give in and accept that the vast majority of the world’s climatologists are feeding us all porkie pies. :P ;) :)

And it could be that the health professionals may have been lying for years about the harmful effects of tobacco so I think I might start smoking again. :P ;) :)

Swanny
07-01-13, 07:20 PM
I give up, believe what you want to believe ;D

redken1
07-01-13, 07:45 PM
Swanny I hope you are right and I would love to be proved wrong.

:) :) :)

Swanny
07-01-13, 09:49 PM
Don't worry Ken I am ;)

Swanny
10-01-13, 12:18 AM
Oops I must be wrong. :o The daily mail says that global warming is real
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2258398/climate-change-sea-level-rises-worse-feared-say-leading-scientists-tens-millions-likely-driven-homes.html