PDA

View Full Version : New Road Service Station in Codford for an MOT?

QB1
10-01-13, 03:59 PM
Just wondered if any one has ever used New Road Service Station in Codford for a bike MOT?

Trying to find someone in the Warminster/Westbury area who can do an MOT on a Saturday morning.

Snowy
10-01-13, 05:03 PM
Well out of your way I know, but if you're really stuck, Hopton MOT Centre in Devizes do bike MOT's on Saturdays - usually every other one though.

jack930
10-01-13, 08:23 PM
good bunch of lads at New Road Service Station in Codford,as they race bikes aswell. had a mot from befor now with no issues, dont know if they are open saturdays thou ,

QB1
10-01-13, 09:34 PM
Well out of your way I know, but if you're really stuck, Hopton MOT Centre in Devizes do bike MOT's on Saturdays - usually every other one though.

Thank you :)

QB1
10-01-13, 09:35 PM
good bunch of lads at New Road Service Station in Codford,as they race bikes aswell. had a mot from befor now with no issues, dont know if they are open saturdays thou ,

Thank you - they sounded really helpful when I called them. Apparently the bike mechanic works 1 in 3 Saturdays.

Rabb
10-01-13, 09:39 PM
Try Phil Stokes in Westbury - I think he does Saturdays??

QB1
10-01-13, 09:52 PM
Try Phil Stokes in Westbury - I think he does Saturdays??

Thank you

majodude
11-01-13, 07:33 AM
Nicky,
I don't know what bike you have but the guy in Codford is a Triumph Tech! I had my bike MOT'd there and they were brilliant, they noticed a bulb was out and replaced it free of charge, before doing the test.

Mark

QB1
11-01-13, 07:51 AM
Nicky,
I don't know what bike you have but the guy in Codford is a Triumph Tech! I had my bike MOT'd there and they were brilliant, they noticed a bulb was out and replaced it free of charge, before doing the test.

Mark

Hi Mark

Got a Suzuki but that's worth remembering. Nice to know they'd do something like that rather than fail it, make you replace the bulb and come back like some garages would.

MelkshamKwak
11-01-13, 02:39 PM
Riverside MOT Testing Centre in Melksham do Saturdays

majodude
11-01-13, 09:18 PM
My thoughts exactly, just rode to Ace Cafe and back, fantastic ride have you been there?

QB1
11-01-13, 09:26 PM
My thoughts exactly, just rode to Ace Cafe and back, fantastic ride have you been there?

Never been myself was going to go over the Christmas break but never got round to it. Is it worth the trip?

Conehead
11-01-13, 10:04 PM
I have always wanted to go to Ace. Maybe we should do a ride out in the summer. 8-) 8-) 8-)

majodude
12-01-13, 12:56 PM
The bikes are fantastic, old Brits, triumph, norton, BSA, very 1950s, £6.75 for big breakfast, easy to find, just off north circular A406, Park Royal turnoff, ride out sounds good! Anytime! Had to buy the T'Shirt, very tourist!

SupeRDel
12-01-13, 11:19 PM
Have been to Ace many times, I used to report events there for the classic mechanics mag so I used to get paid for going... ;)

Best time to go is on a sunday when specific days are held. Have been to a couple of evening meets of the XJR1300 owners club. Don't go on one of the big ride out days - its just too busy.
Food is good value but beware of the idiot stunt riders in the road out front pulling wheelies. Have seen 2 crashes and one ambulance jobby.

Easy to get too but the roads are crap - not a pleasant place to get to.

Back to subject. 4x4 centre in Urchfont will be doing MOT's again from this week onwards after a break.
They do bike MOT's on a Saturday

Dave_R1
13-01-13, 11:38 AM
I've been going to New Road for years, great bunch of lads. Bren, the owner, is an avid trackdayer and all-round decent bloke. Can't recommend them enough.