PDA

View Full Version : All part of rider training

SupeRDel
10-01-13, 08:15 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-19799312

Conehead
10-01-13, 08:24 PM
Knob, wish he lost total control when he fish tailed.

BB
10-01-13, 08:44 PM
Saw that one earlier, what a prat! >:(

Wes
10-01-13, 08:47 PM
Indeed, cant help wondering what the sentence would have been if it had been a bike, 113 in a what, a 60 limit? I remember one case where a biker was followed by an unmarked busa, clocked at 139 and got 12 months in prison Ffs >:(

Conehead
10-01-13, 09:27 PM
Indeed, cant help wondering what the sentence would have been if it had been a bike, 113 in a what, a 60 limit? I remember one case where a biker was followed by an unmarked busa, clocked at 139 and got 12 months in prison Ffs >:(

WHAT 139mph. They barely got out of first.... ;D ;D ;D

QB1
10-01-13, 09:50 PM
Apart from jamming on his brakes after the overtake, presumably as he saw the Police car filming him, he didnt actually seem to cause any problem to the bikes, even then I didnt see any of the bikes having to brake.

Would he still be a knob if he'd been a biker overtaking a line of cars and reaching 113 on the overtake???

Not condoning speeding by the way but easy to be judgemental.

Conehead
10-01-13, 11:32 PM
Apart from jamming on his brakes after the overtake, presumably as he saw the Police car filming him, he didnt actually seem to cause any problem to the bikes, even then I didnt see any of the bikes having to brake.

Would he still be a knob if he'd been a biker overtaking a line of cars and reaching 113 on the overtake???

I totally agree with you but a bike has more space to manouvre and this driver was also not in control.

Scotty
10-01-13, 11:53 PM
How does it go? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" I believe...

There are a couple of pages of posts about this on the TDR forum, general consensus is that there's no real problem with the passing manoeuvre, his biggest crimes are poor observation, driving a Porsche, and having a personalised plate (that spells COCK - they all do!) How many of you have opened a bike up to pass a line of traffic at speed then? Many of us have, and probably by luck more than judgement we've got away without getting tugged for it. The road was straight, weather good, no oncoming traffic - what would you have done when behind a line of relatively slow moving traffic when you're in or on a fast vehicle?

All those clucking in disapproval and shaking their heads, line up on the left, your sainthood awaits whilst the rest of us head to purgatory...

QB1
11-01-13, 07:47 AM

I totally agree with you but a bike has more space to manouvre and this driver was also not in control.

Yes a bike has more space but does that make overtaking and reaching speeds in excess of the speed limit fair, or acceptable?

And how do you know he wasnt in control?

I suspect the driver panicked seeing the Police filming him and braked heavily - do you honestly think someone on a bike would have been any different?

Again not defending the driver but it really pees me off when some bikers are so darn judgemental.

Me, if I'd been on my bike following a slow line of cars, the road was clear, weather good etc., I know just what I would have done, just like an awful lot on this forum.

If we were all a bit more tolerant on the roads with each other I think we'd have fewer accidents and a much nicer ride/drive. You'd think the average road was a battle field (and that's not just the bomb craters called pot holes ;) :))

Swanny
11-01-13, 08:55 AM
To me it show how dangerous speed camera vans are

Snowy
11-01-13, 09:39 AM
My philosophy is to get passed as quickly as possible once I'm commited to an overtake. I don't have a performance car but even my two wheel Behometh will hit three figures within seconds if I wind it up. I'm not saying I do mind....no Officer, honest I don't ;) ;D

I'm quite impressesd that he got down from 113mph to 23mph in such a short space of time.

redken1
11-01-13, 07:19 PM
Although I know that all on here observe and adhere to the national speed limits, ;) I can’t help thinking that reading posts from bikers judging speeding motorists is a bit like listening to a moral lecture from Nick Clegg on the virtues of fulfilling promises. :D :P ;D

Conehead
11-01-13, 10:02 PM
I feel I have been misunderstood and just want to make my position clear.

I dont care about the speed that the driver was doing.

What gets me is that he/she passed a group of Learners (Regardless if they are on bikes or not, I always give them loads of space as I was one once as we all were) as a maniac only to slam on the brakes when he/she saw the cops. I bet the biker in the front shat themselves.

BB
11-01-13, 11:04 PM
I feel I have been misunderstood and just want to make my position clear.

I dont care about the speed that the driver was doing.

What gets me is that he/she passed a group of Learners (Regardless if they are on bikes or not, I always give them loads of space as I was one once as we all were) as a maniac only to slam on the brakes when he/she saw the cops. I bet the biker in the front shat themselves.

Agreed!

It was the stupid over reaction that made him a pratt!

BB

Jon_W
13-01-13, 09:48 PM
Ohh heck! That must have caused a few brown trousers.

It looks like he started before the van was visible and panicked silly, but could have been anyone.

wiltshire builders
14-01-13, 11:42 AM
My philosophy is to get passed as quickly as possible.
If you went a bit faster maybe people wouldn't pass you so often ;D

Snowy
14-01-13, 12:18 PM
My philosophy is to get passed as quickly as possible.
If you went a bit faster maybe people wouldn't pass you so often ;D

Ha bloody ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D

Geordie Stu
15-01-13, 05:30 PM
How does it go? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" I believe...

There are a couple of pages of posts about this on the TDR forum, general consensus is that there's no real problem with the passing manoeuvre, his biggest crimes are poor observation, driving a Porsche, and having a personalised plate (that spells COCK - they all do!) How many of you have opened a bike up to pass a line of traffic at speed then? Many of us have, and probably by luck more than judgement we've got away without getting tugged for it. The road was straight, weather good, no oncoming traffic - what would you have done when behind a line of relatively slow moving traffic when you're in or on a fast vehicle?

All those clucking in disapproval and shaking their heads, line up on the left, your sainthood awaits whilst the rest of us head to purgatory...

Failed on Observation, Did he really have to boot it up to 113mph to pass "probably not" So for that alone guilty. I'm guessing but he possibly thought. Ha bikers lets have'em. Then saw the camera panicked & thought oops.

He got what he deserved