PDA

View Full Version : legal limit

Wes
24-12-12, 09:20 AM
Anyone know what the legal db limit is for exhausts? Having a bit of a tidy up on the blade, sorted out a new screen,pegs, had the rear panels re sprayed, and ive just bought a powertec road legal can, all stamped up complete with spring clips so it fits direct onto my akra system :), just a little on the erm .... loud side, any ideas? cheers wes.

spudgun
24-12-12, 09:24 AM
There is no db limit, it's at the testers discretion - unless it clearly states "not for road use"

redken1
24-12-12, 09:40 AM
May help Wes;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/2370/contents/made

Wes
24-12-12, 10:52 AM
Cheers, its got all the relevant markings stamped on the outlet end, so hopefully alls good :)

Swanny
24-12-12, 10:58 AM
1 pint :D

Rally-64
24-12-12, 03:00 PM
Castle Combe allow up to 103Db and Mallory 105Db, if you happen to be thinking of going on a track?
As to a road limit, stay on the quiet roads and the skies the limit! Lol

Wes
24-12-12, 04:02 PM
Castle Combe allow up to 103Db and Mallory 105Db, if you happen to be thinking of going on a track?
As to a road limit, stay on the quiet roads and the skies the limit! Lol
yes mate, ive got an road legal akra with baffle which passes ok at the coombe.

wheelers
24-12-12, 05:36 PM
dear old greg wouldnt pass noisy or non standard exhausts, but you could go elsewhere and not have a problem. discression, dont need those tacky stick on or rivet on bsau stickers that used to sell on ebay anymore.

Wes
24-12-12, 05:40 PM
dear old greg wouldnt pass noisy or non standard exhausts, but you could go elsewhere and not have a problem. discression, dont need those tacky stick on or rivet on bsau stickers that used to sell on ebay anymore.
Its a non standard as i have the system (akrapovic)and it passed ok at the last bikesafe day, as for the new one theres no chance ;D more interested in the road going legalities really ;)

silly_simon
24-12-12, 08:46 PM
Wes, as I understand it as long as it has the bsau markings then there isn't much they can do except say "crikey thats a loud one " LOL

SupeRDel
24-12-12, 11:40 PM
Wes, as I understand it as long as it has the bsau markings then there isn't much they can do except say "crikey thats a loud one " LOL

Oh yes they can. Noise is down the testers discrestion no matter what is stamped on it. If they think its too loud they will fail it.

Jon_W
29-12-12, 11:52 AM
As I understand it the rule is that it should be no louder than when the bike was new. This is of course subjective and at the testers discression.

Dabz
16-01-13, 09:42 AM
[movedhere] Recycle Bin [move by] Dabz.