PDA

View Full Version : Recommend tyre fitter

QB1
16-01-13, 12:40 PM
Can anyone recommend a cheap place to get some tyres fitted?

I've been looking at getting a cheap set from M&P but am struggling to find anywhere that will fit them.

I've called a few places and by the time I pay the fitting charge most make for fitting tyres they dont supply themselves its not worth buying the tyres from M&P.

Splash
16-01-13, 01:11 PM
Nicky,

Not sure where you are based so can't help you on that but probably worth a look on here for tyres, sometimes you can pick up a good deal!. Prices fluctuate obvs because of the Euro - GBP rate.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk

Snowy
16-01-13, 01:22 PM

I've been looking at getting a cheap set from M&P but am struggling to find anywhere that will fit them.

I've called a few places and by the time I pay the fitting charge most make for fitting tyres they dont supply themselves its not worth buying the tyres from M&P.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone to fit them that would mean you make any real cost saving. I buy off the internet as I fit them myself but if you're going to take them to a tyre fitters you lose any saving you made on the purchase. You also usually have to take loose wheels to make it worth while and quite often that means both at the same time. Is it really worth it in your case with the time & hassle factors?

Splash
16-01-13, 01:26 PM

I think you'll struggle to find anyone to fit them that would mean you make any real cost saving. I buy off the internet as I fit them myself but if you're going to take them to a tyre fitters you lose any saving you made on the purchase. You also usually have to take loose wheels to make it worth while and quite often that means both at the same time. Is it really worth it in your case with the time & hassle factors?

+1

Buying mine from France (Website above) save me around £40.00 - £50.00 depending on the exchange rate, pull the wheels off at home and take them in. Sorted :D

Ducatista
16-01-13, 04:06 PM
pull the wheels off at home and take them in

I'm not saying I'm inept at such things but there was an incident when I ran downstairs for help when I couldn't work out which way to turn the bath taps to make them go off (yes it's true).

I think I'll pay someone else to do mine ::)

Last couple of times I've got Rob Jones to do mine and because he's mobile that's convenient if you have a puncture and don't really want to ride the bike somewhere.

Splash
16-01-13, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]

I'm not saying I'm inept at such things but there was an incident when I ran downstairs for help when I couldn't work out which way to turn the bath taps to make them go off (yes it's true).

;D

wiltshire builders
16-01-13, 05:43 PM
Master tec in Devizes, Bathwick tyres in Chippenham, cmc in Chippenham
Hope this helps

Snowy
16-01-13, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE]

;D

Righty Tighty Lefty Lucy ;D

Conehead
16-01-13, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE]

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Ade
16-01-13, 06:29 PM
I personally wouldn't go to CMC.

Had good service and prices from both Steve Lynham in Swindon and Carson Tyres in Melksham.
Keith at Master Tec in Devizes maintains my bike these days. I know he also supplies and fits tyres and he offers a free bike colllection / return service.

Gaz
16-01-13, 06:51 PM
I found Carson Tyres in Bowerhill very good, didn't charge much and were very careful with my newly powder coated wheel.

wheelers
16-01-13, 07:21 PM
melksham tyres, ask for shaun, rides a BMW himself and fits all ours

goz1960
16-01-13, 10:08 PM
Not sure if its local or not but i have found biketreads Swindon very good.

Richzx10r
17-01-13, 07:15 AM
Steve lynham charges £12.50 per wheel if you take in loose. Get my track tyres changed there.

QB1
17-01-13, 08:35 AM
Thank you very much everyone.

Toph
17-01-13, 11:49 PM
Carsons.. bowerhill Melksham.. great ride in ride out service... coffee is excellent too!! :)