PDA

View Full Version : Breathalyzer in France - dropped

Snowy
25-01-13, 12:17 PM
No longer required to be carried by drivers/riders. If you can read French please feel free to translate as I'm taking someone elses linguistic skills on trust although I can do the title of the article:

"It is the end of the obligatory breathalyzer in France"

http://www.lesoir.be/170800/article/actualite/france/2013-01-24/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0-fin-l%E2%80%99%C3%A9thylotest-obligatoire-en-france

Swanny
25-01-13, 12:19 PM
Hooray [smiley=beer.gif]

Splash
25-01-13, 01:30 PM
Hooray [smiley=beer.gif]
+1

Geordie Stu
25-01-13, 01:35 PM
En anglais

Since its entry into force on 1 July, the measure was never implemented. She does will probably never know. According to several media, the French Minister Manuel Valls, said today that postponing "indefinitely" the requirement to have a breathalyzer in his car. Measure also concerned foreign drivers. Since its announcement, the Belgians themselves had rushed on breathalysers sold in stores.

After several delays, motorists had received an extension until March 1 next to equip the small craft. But all manufacturers experienced difficulty in keeping up with demand. Associations and motorists were raised against the measure. Therefore stillborn. A working group will consider other ways to fight against drunk driving, said the French authorities.

Snowy
25-01-13, 01:54 PM
So, if they sold 45 million at 5 euros a piece thats a lot of revenue......... and a nice little VAT collection for the taxman. And they had a use by date so had to be replenished.

I hear some of the French politicians backing the original proposal just happened to be on the Directors list for the manufacturers........

Would never happen over here of course...... ;D ;D

Last Train
25-01-13, 02:06 PM
Perhaps the Monsieurs have been talking to these guys ?

I'll drink to that (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21143199)

;D

Geordie Stu
25-01-13, 02:11 PM
Lets hope Cameron doesn't try the same thing here ::)

Swanny
25-01-13, 06:22 PM
So, if they sold 45 million at 5 euros a piece thats a lot of revenue......... and a nice little VAT collection for the taxman. And they had a use by date so had to be replenished.

I hear some of the French politicians backing the original proposal just happened to be on the Directors list for the manufacturers........

That's why they say "Follow the money" ;D

Snowy
25-01-13, 08:11 PM

That's why they say "Follow the money" ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D I win my bet ;D ;D ;D ;D

Swanny
25-01-13, 08:21 PM
::)