PDA

View Full Version : fazer help

frost_01
03-02-13, 10:03 PM
I have a 55 plate fazer and I went to ride it today after around 2 weeks of it being sat in the garage due to the poor weather to find it wont start. I get a clicking noise and er_1 come up. From reading online people reckon its due to water in the connections but I cant say its got wet for months.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

redken1
03-02-13, 10:20 PM
I have a 55 plate fazer and I went to ride it today after around 2 weeks of it being sat in the garage due to the poor weather to find it wont start. I get a clicking noise and er_1 come up. From reading online people reckon its due to water in the connections but I cant say its got wet for months.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Yes, happened to me a few times when my 54 reg Fazer was laid up in the garage during the winter months. After ensuring the battery was fully charged, I cleaned the battery lead terminals with a small wire brush and rubbed in some vaseline. Make sure re-connect leads quite fimly. Worked - just bad connections coupled with moisture penetration I suspect.

Conehead
03-02-13, 10:41 PM
Failing that, you can use my best friend. Mr WD40. He is very hard working and is tougher that Mr Muscle when doing his work.

Xenocide
04-02-13, 12:14 PM
Probably just battery low. Bump it and see if it starts.

Kevinb
04-02-13, 01:20 PM
Yes it just sounds like a low battery. I have an Optimate with crocodile clip connections and live in Trowbridge if you would like to try it?

Wes
04-02-13, 05:34 PM
Yep, the battery isn't generating enough power to start the bike, just give it a charge and you should be fine :)

frost_01
04-02-13, 07:29 PM
Cheers all. As I new rider I thought I had tried to bump start the bike without success to be told by a friends at work I wasn't doing it correctly.

The fazer lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB
04-02-13, 08:18 PM
Good to hear! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Trev
04-02-13, 08:26 PM
Tales of bump starting got me thinking as to wot's the hardest bike/situation you've come up against. If I had any idea how to start a poll I would but I'll kick off with my old PE400X, hard enough to kick start, bumping was a mission!

Conehead
04-02-13, 09:09 PM
I had to bump an old GP750z on the flat surface every day for ages. That was hard work which i never want to repeat. :o :o