PDA

View Full Version : Hilltop diner has ceased trading :-(

Mikkie1986
30-01-13, 05:27 PM
Hilltop diner has ceased trading :-(

Sad to see this happen! A bike friendly place once again gone. Not sure if they have been struggling or if it has been bought by a big chain? Anyone know?

Conehead
30-01-13, 06:05 PM
http://www.hilltopdiner.co.uk/Hilltop_DIner/Hilltop.html

What a shame. I never did get to go but rode past at least once a week.

Bonnielass
30-01-13, 06:30 PM
That is such a shame, it was a nice place and just the right distance for a short bimble! :(

redken1
30-01-13, 06:50 PM
It would appear that too high a rent demanded by the landlord and the current economic climate to blame for closure?

I'm only being honest, but perhaps explains why I believed some of the menu items were very expensive.

CharleyX
04-02-13, 12:49 AM
Mikkie there opening just down the road soon :-)

Gooz
04-02-13, 02:40 AM
I can relate to the rents myself right now........... talk about hung by the bollox, greedy landlords have no consience when it comes to taking the food from your mouths, i wish them all the best in re opening.

Sharik
06-02-13, 12:22 PM
The pheonix has risen from the ashes:

"Yesterday the restaurant opened under new ownership.

A spokesman for the new owners, The Venue on the Hilltop Limited, said: “We have been able to negotiate more favourable terms with the landlord and we have simplified the menu.

“We are still maintaining the same great quality of food but by bringing the menu more in line with that of a roadside café, we have been able to reduce the prices by about 30 per cent so customers can now enjoy a breakfast for under a fiver.

“We will be trialling opening hours of, firstly, 8am to 5pm, and then 7am to 4pm, to see what works best. In the summer we will stay open for longer.”

For more information go to thehill topvenue.co.uk or call 01980 863086."

Taken from the Salisbury Journal.

Dabz
06-02-13, 01:37 PM
sounds great, worth a ride-out sometime

redken1
06-02-13, 01:42 PM
Looks like they must have read my comments about the menu prices. ;) :)

Yep def worth a ride sometime. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ade
06-02-13, 09:22 PM
I'll defo be going sometime soon. Personally I didn't think the food was particularly overpriced at the old Hilltop Diner.
Have to arrange a Sat brunch run over there.

Conehead
07-02-13, 12:06 AM
I will have to do this now as might not get another chance and I only live a couple of miles away. Sundays it is usually rocking with bikes. Hope it stays that way. 8-) 8-) 8-)