View Full Version : TT short

Conehead
08-02-13, 11:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOTvQuuQ7B4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

wiltshire builders
08-02-13, 03:20 PM
Hmmmm.
I don't like films like this.
They're being very liberal with the truth: No speed limits? Some of the most highly enforced speed limits in the UK actually.

Showing Paul Dobbs grave stone followed by Connor Cummins horrific crash to mis-lead the viewer into thinking they've just seen someone killed at the begining.

Concentrating only on the danger/death element is just appealing to the lowest common denominator.
The film is actually titled 'Death @ the IOM!

goz1960
08-02-13, 03:59 PM
The above is not quite how I saw the video, not very interesting but not sure about the above comments either.

Conehead
08-02-13, 06:24 PM
I posted this for the story of the TT not for the death. I have never been to the TT or the Isle of Man so don't know the true or made up parts. I found it interesting as I am very interested in going to the TT one day. Sorry if I offended you by posting it but it is my interest and I wanted to share it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Swanny
08-02-13, 06:52 PM
Cheers will watch later

Wes
08-02-13, 06:57 PM
Started to watch and its always interesting to see how other countries perceive the TT, will watch it all later cheers CH :)

Swanny
08-02-13, 07:48 PM
I thought that was good
I really must go

BB
08-02-13, 08:00 PM
I't is a bit sensationalist and misleading in parts, but many parts, especially when the riders & rellys are talking are very true. The riders know the risks and so do their rellys. If your man (or missus) races it's part of who and what they are. If you try to change them then they are not the person you fell in love with. Simple
The speed limit bit? very tough on limits in built up areas - I have several friends with speeding fines on the island.

BB

wiltshire builders
09-02-13, 10:55 AM
I posted this for the story of the TT not for the death. I have never been to the TT or the Isle of Man so don't know the true or made up parts. I found it interesting as I am very interested in going to the TT one day. Sorry if I offended you by posting it but it is my interest and I wanted to share it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Well it's a bit late for that as I had to watch it to find out that it was a badly made report on the TT. There are far better films out there that show what the IOM TT is really about.

Feel free to post whatever films you like, but remember this is a forum so you're going to have people giving their views and in my view, this video is not an accurate portrayal of the TT.

I would recommend going to anyone but be warned. Although it is an assault on the senses and something to behold you will meet some of the biggest assh*les on the planet.
They watch sensationalised videos like the one above and think that they're going to be the baddest thing on the island.
5 people died last year and every one of them was not showing the track or the locals the respect that they deserve.
Not only is the loss of life incredibly sad but each death is another nail in the coffin for the TT and you don't realise how much it disrupts the island.

The racers aren't heros. They're just doing what they do and we should feel privleged that we're allowed to watch them do it.

Geordie Stu
09-02-13, 11:04 AM
http://youtu.be/QldZiR9eQ_0

Watch or Buy this DVD give you a better perspective on the TT.

Swanny
09-02-13, 11:32 AM
I watched Closer To The Edge again last night.

BB
09-02-13, 11:45 AM
TT3D is a damn good film, apart from concentrating on Guy Martin - just my personal opinion mind and each to their own. ;)

Make the effort and go, If you can't make the TT make it the Manx but whichever you go to just remember to watch your licence and ride safe. As Wiltshire Builders has said - there are some a*sholes out there that can take you out in the blink of an eye!

BB

Conehead
09-02-13, 11:53 AM
Yeah I will go one day, Not to race or ride the course as I dont trust the mavericks out there. I would prefer to be on the sidelines watching the braver people going for it.

I got the interest for it when I found out my cousin used to race it. He was an absolute nutter and had some great stories to tell.

Scotty
09-02-13, 05:02 PM
Yeah I will go one day, Not to race or ride the course....
It makes no sense to go to all the trouble and expense of getting over there and not ride the course. Grow a pair mate, get up early and go out for a lap before breakfast when the roads are nice and quiet. I do that every morning when I'm over there, makes it all worthwhile, but sobering afterwards to think that the fast guys are doing that entire trip in just over 17 minutes....

Conehead
09-02-13, 06:12 PM
Yeah I will go one day, Not to race or ride the course....
It makes no sense to go to all the trouble and expense of getting over there and not ride the course. Grow a pair mate, get up early and go out for a lap before breakfast when the roads are nice and quiet. I do that every morning when I'm over there, makes it all worthwhile, but sobering afterwards to think that the fast guys are doing that entire trip in just over 17 minutes....

My pair are perfectly fine thanks. ;D ;D

BB
09-02-13, 07:06 PM
The Island is more than just a race circuit. Anyway if you really want to get involved be a marshal 8-)

BB

Conehead
09-02-13, 07:22 PM
The Island is more than just a race circuit. Anyway if you really want to get involved be a marshal 8-)

BB

Excellent idea, I never thought of that. Cheers 8-) 8-) 8-)

Col
10-02-13, 11:21 PM
Just on the TT subject it is a surprise in this namby pamby wet weekend world where the State is expected to wipe yer arse and the 'I'm stupid so I can sue you brigade' flourish that this hasn't been banned by the H/S gestapo.............well they banned the cheese rolling in Glos didn't they :-?

BB
11-02-13, 07:19 AM
IOM rules itself 8-)

BB

wiltshire builders
11-02-13, 05:14 PM
Just on the TT subject it is a surprise in this namby pamby wet weekend world where the State is expected to wipe yer arse and the 'I'm stupid so I can sue you brigade' flourish that this hasn't been banned by the H/S gestapo.............well they banned the cheese rolling in Glos didn't they :-?
That would be the end of the island.
The place is dying on it's arse and the TT is just about the only thing bringing money in.
Douglas is like a ****ter version of Torquay. Hard to imagine I know.

Col
11-02-13, 06:29 PM
Apparently it is doing pretty well WB with growth in engineering and aerospace being areas that's doing well I discovered and many know it's tax advantages creates a lot of financial business which is good for the UK as a whole so perhaps the TT is not quite as finacially important as at first seems :-?

wiltshire builders
11-02-13, 07:00 PM
Industry only makes up 13% of their income. Tourism around 75% and the TT is by far the biggest influence on tourists coming to the island.
The TT is pretty safe as anyone who bans it will effectively bankrupt the island.