PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster 696 handle bars

cerruti
17-02-13, 09:31 PM
I am thinking of changing my Kawa ER6-f for a Ducati Monster 696, I like the look of the bike and the short test ride I went on was great. However the ride position is a little too forward for me (I have some metalwork holding some of my back together) and caused my back to ache quite badly. The dealer I am speaking to says that they may be able to fit some other bars which move the controls up and back a couple of inches.. Does anybody have any experience of this.. or changing bars on any bike? Just wondering if its worthwhile, or should I start looking for a different bike.

Thanks for any help and opinions

Jacde
17-02-13, 09:34 PM
do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it ;D ;D ;D

Jacde
17-02-13, 09:37 PM
I have added a different shock, levers and fitted a riser on my monster, well, some lovely men have fitted those bits to my monster 8-) ;)

If you want to have a look / ride just give me a shout.

cerruti
17-02-13, 09:47 PM
Hehe, these are the two opinions I was already thinking....

1) Hassle.. get something else
2) Go for it.. as I liked the rest of the bike

I dont suppose you have any pictures of the riser and handlebars Jacde? I might PM you to come and have a look if thats ok?

As I am female.. these things do take time. I have been thinking about this for 2 months so far! ;D

Nooj
17-02-13, 10:32 PM
Even an inch nearer, that doesn't look like much of a change to the eye, can feel like a big difference. Definitely give it a go.

QB1
18-02-13, 07:50 AM
Ducatista has a very pretty Monster no idea if the bars are raised though. If she doesnt see this may be worth sending her a PM.

I hate to do this as I know how darn difficult it is choosing a bike but have you also looked at at Tuono and maybe a Kawasaki Z1000SX.

BTW nice too see you back here :)

Ducatista
18-02-13, 08:02 AM
My bars are standard but I did get the suspension adjusted which gave about an inch on the seat height.

One thing is for sure, if you get a Ducati you're probably going to want to change some bits on it.
Make sure you get want you want from the dealer before you buy and don't rely on their promises. I'm afraid to say you probably won't see see them for dust after the sale. There aren't any good dealers around here unfortuantely.

I would take your time and try a few bikes. It's all very personal although the monster is a cracking bike.

Jon_W
18-02-13, 03:53 PM
Even an inch nearer, that doesn't look like much of a change to the eye, can feel like a big difference. Definitely give it a go.

As with Nooj. An inch nearer dosen't sound like much, but it feels totally different.

The only thing that you'l need to check is the cable, hose and wiring lengths. Some bikes have these with so little slack that wider/higher/further back bars are difficult to fit.