PDA

View Full Version : Rukka Clothing does anyone use it?

Splash
02-08-12, 08:34 PM
Chaps,

I just wondered if anyone on here used Rukka Goretex Clothing and has done heavily whether for a year, 6 months heavy use or just, well since they started riding?

Today my cheap £69.99 Frank Thomas trousers leaked so much I had to justify at work, for the entire afternoon just the reason why my grey trousers were two toned specifically around my crotch.. the jokes poured in!

Anyway, I have always been keen on the look of the Rukka gear and what it offered, now I am in a position to have it as an option, some call it over priced, some call it unjustifiable...I call it both!

I have been looking at the:

Rukka Athos Jacket
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/97292

and the:

Rukka Focus Trousers
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/97361

I ride almost 365 days a year, this past winter caught me out and only managed to ride 361... snow & ice just aren't worth it!

I use my bike for commuting, the weekends and also I have just started taking short breaks and the South and Wales. I am also in the planning of a multi country trip next year after my Spain trip plan fell through because of the other half's new job >:( I ride a lot, for example this past month I have racked up over 5,300 miles alone... and it just keeps ticking over... my commute is only 500 miles a month...

So, if you use it, know anything about it both GOOD or BAD, please let me know!!

I have searched google a lot, just wanted more information!

I hope this is the right section??

Cheers

Ash 8-)

Swanny
02-08-12, 10:26 PM
I might be wrong but after speaking to a chap in Fowlers about Gore-tex gloves I think Gore-tex guarantee their products for 5 years, so even when the manufactures guarantee on the clothing has run out you're still ok

Nelly
02-08-12, 10:46 PM
Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though ;)

Splash
03-08-12, 06:28 AM
Thanks Swanny, I have read that the Rukka provide their kit with a standard 5 year warranty which to me sounds fantastic although I've hard of people wearing their kit for 7 years straight and not one problem!

Splash. Fair play to you. Dont beat yourself up about dropping the 4 days though ;)

Nelly, I'll gain those 4 days back this year ;)

Mitch9128
03-08-12, 07:10 AM
TOP customer service on the Rukka gear too, if anything should ever go wrong, you will get loan gear whilst yours is off for repair/exchange.

Geordie Stu
03-08-12, 11:45 AM
Thanks Swanny, I have read that the Rukka provide their kit with a standard 5 year warranty which to me sounds fantastic although I've hard of people wearing their kit for 7 years straight and not one problem!

::) 369 days this year ::) ;D

Splash
03-08-12, 01:38 PM

::) 369 days this year ::) ;D

;D ;D

Splash
03-08-12, 01:40 PM
TOP customer service on the Rukka gear too, if anything should ever go wrong, you will get loan gear whilst yours is off for repair/exchange.

Thanks Mitch, just got off the phone to Fowlers and the chap said exactly the same thing, I think that's great!! That's what I would expect and want, someone who truly understands that a biker with out a jacket, is... jacket less?

It just all sounds too good to be true! :-?

Splash
03-08-12, 01:41 PM
I might be wrong but after speaking to a chap in Fowlers about Gore-tex gloves I think Gore-tex guarantee their products for 5 years, so even when the manufactures guarantee on the clothing has run out you're still ok

Swanny - Gore-Tex has a lifetime guarantee. :)

Snowy
03-08-12, 03:59 PM

Thanks Mitch, just got off the phone to Fowlers and the chap said exactly the same thing, I think that's great!! That's what I would expect and want, someone who truly understands that a biker with out a jacket, is... jacket less?

Did you ask the guy at Fowlers how many and what size jackets/trousers they keep in stock as loaners?

Swanny
03-08-12, 05:59 PM

Swanny - Gore-Tex has a lifetime guarantee. :)

Even better :)

Splash
03-08-12, 08:14 PM

Did you ask the guy at Fowlers how many and what size jackets/trousers they keep in stock as loaners?

I didn't, I will pick the goods up from Blade in Swindon, I just phoned to see what sizes they had in ;) but, if this stuff is really that good... I hope I'll never have to use the loaners ;)

B1G
06-08-12, 04:35 PM
Please let us all know how you get on with them.
I bought Spada for value, that got sent back as it was faulty, so now I'm using a secondhand HG suit.
Maybe I can convince myself to upgrade next year :-/

Splash
08-08-12, 09:42 PM
Please let us all know how you get on with them.
I bought Spada for value, that got sent back as it was faulty, so now I'm using a secondhand HG suit.

I sure will, Plan to pick them up next week or at the latest the week after as I've just had to buy some panniers for the bike - I REALLY Can't wait to get them, knowing it can piss it down all it wants for the next 6-7 years and I should be as dry as when i first put them on! Priceless! ;D

I'm still deciding what I like, I am really set on the entry level Athos Jacket, Focus trousers then the Atlas gloves, already have the Sidi B2 Gore-Tex boots so I'll be all G-Texed up!

Splash
08-08-12, 09:44 PM
[quote author=B1G link=1343936096/12#12 date=1344267344]Please let us all know how you get on with them.

I sure will, Plan to pick them up by the last week of August at the latest as I've just had to buy some panniers for the bike - I REALLY Can't wait to get them, knowing it can piss it down all it wants for the next 6-7 years and I should be as dry as when i first put them on! Priceless! ;D

I'm still deciding what I like, I am really set on the entry level Athos Jacket, Focus trousers then the Atlas gloves, already have the Sidi B2 Gore-Tex boots so I'll be all G-Texed up!

StreetHippo
10-08-12, 04:17 AM
Used my Marco jacket for about 2 years, all year round and it's brilliant. I don't mind paying a bit more if I get the use and it still looks good as new. Has never leaked, BUT the outside pockets are not waterproof!! Found out the hard way >:(
Other than that - keep your phone in an inside pocket and you will get many years use out of it!

Stu 8-)

Splash
10-08-12, 07:24 AM
Used my Marco jacket for about 2 years, all year round and it's brilliant. I don't mind paying a bit more if I get the use and it still looks good as new. Has never leaked, BUT the outside pockets are not waterproof!! Found out the hard way >:(
Other than that - keep your phone in an inside pocket and you will get many years use out of it!

Stu 8-)

Thanks Stu, advice stored and hopefully... remembered! ;D

Splash
23-08-12, 06:29 PM
My Rukka goods arrived today!

1 x Rukka Athos Jacket
-
1 x Rukka Focus Trouser
-
1 x Rukka Atlas Gloves
-
Already have Sidi B2 Gore Tex Touring boots for the lower half.

Supposed to be hammering it down this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes, quite looking forward to it. No more wet crotch!!!

The Cordura material feels great, the actual fit of the items is fantastic and so well thought out.

I need to order a Summer Gore Tex pair of gloves however the Atlas winter ones I purchased, as winter isn't that far away, are wayyyy to good to wear in this weather!! My hands would be cremated!! ::)

B1G
18-02-13, 05:32 PM
And now you should be able to tell us how it works, summer and winter ???

Please :) :) :)

Splash
18-02-13, 09:13 PM
Yes, very pleased with it, covered about 13,000 miles in it since August, rain, shine, snow - it's experienced a fair bit.

It's keeping exceptionally well, still looks brand new and I have only washed it once and even that was amazing, took about 12 hours for it to dry from the washing machine, and it's not light clothing!

Torrential rain in Scotland stayed where it should stay, on the outside leaving me dry and warm, -2 outside is nothing for the gloves, keeps your hands just above the point of feeling numb, add heated grips and you have plenty of protection!

I rode in it for 13 hours and it stayed perfectly comfortable and fresh, just what you want when you're in the saddle for so long, it was great!

If I could, I'd sleep in it.

My only regret, not getting the Rukka Armas Suit, but there is always next time. ;)