PDA

View Full Version : Chain cleaner

QB1
19-02-13, 09:47 PM
Anybody ever tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIROX-360-CHAIN-CLEANER-BRUSH-BIKE-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-BIKE-BICYCLE-O-X-RING-HD-/370689178805?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item564ec bfcb5

Looks quite weird but possibly quite good?

YMFB
19-02-13, 10:56 PM
No, I have used a Kettenmax cleaner, which worked well, albeit very messy.

What does everyone else do ?

Conehead
19-02-13, 11:33 PM
i pretend I cant see anything. ::) ::)

MelkshamKwak
20-02-13, 09:54 AM
Spray Wax

Rabb
20-02-13, 10:03 AM
Sabesto chain cleaning spray & an old towel.
(I do it the dangerous way and my chain is cleaned weekly!)
It's worth it because it doesn't wear or stretch.
DID chain - top notch!!!

QB1
20-02-13, 10:12 AM
Spray Wax

I meant to clean not lube the chain.

QB1
20-02-13, 10:15 AM
Sabesto chain cleaning spray & an old towel.
(I do it the dangerous way and my chain is cleaned weekly!)
It's worth it because it doesn't wear or stretch.
DID chain - top notch!!!

Yes that's what I do old rag and chain cleaner (I use Wurth brake and chain cleaner) not the dangerous way though ;)
:) Too chicken!:o Does get a bit messy though and just wondering if that weird little device on Ebay would get into a few more nooks and crannies??

Splash
20-02-13, 02:44 PM
Paraffin and a rag, work a treat and keep your chain happy, or sometime Wurth CHain and Brake cleaner!

Don't forget the latex gloves and a mask as you don't want it touching your skin or be inhaling it!

Do it in a well ventilated area!

Wes
20-02-13, 09:41 PM
WD or something similar is a very good degreaser, kitchen towel or an old rag to clean it off, like Rabb says, D.I.D chains are the biz 8-)

slomo
21-02-13, 08:24 PM
Used one of these for the past 6 months (not sure if it's a Tirox, but looks identical) - very well made. Use with parafin and a lot of newspaper to catch drips/spray and it cleans the chain beautifully. Run the chain through it a few times and it is spotless. Not a lot of mess if you prep well. Thoroughly recommend.

QB1
21-02-13, 09:36 PM
Used one of these for the past 6 months (not sure if it's a Tirox, but looks identical) - very well made. Use with parafin and a lot of newspaper to catch drips/spray and it cleans the chain beautifully. Run the chain through it a few times and it is spotless. Not a lot of mess if you prep well. Thoroughly recommend.

Brilliant I'm going to give one a try :)

t1pper
21-02-13, 10:28 PM
I use a steam cleaner along with a de-greaser to remove all the crud, roll the bike back and forward to get the entire length of the chain, lube afterwards to stop it going rusty.
Only takes a few mins!