PDA

View Full Version : Helmet decorations

Trev
17-02-13, 06:33 PM
Took a pleasant 70 mile 'pootle' around the New Forest this morning taking in Keyhaven and Mudford Quay. Early on it was pretty quiet but very busy by lunchtime, the sun brings plenty out in the Forest.
Not many bikes (powered ones), I guess still a bit chilly for most, did pull up behind a group of cruisers at a junction and their headgear prompts me to put a questions out there;
where do you stand on decorating helmets with fluffy ears and stick-on mohican haircuts?
Looks bloody silly to my mind but perhaps I've just had a 'sense of fun' bypass ;D

Squashed_Fly
17-02-13, 06:39 PM
There's an area of hell sectioned off for people that wear them

Goldie
17-02-13, 06:42 PM
Oh Christ, I sure hope Loops doesn't see this, she's got fluffy ears on her Caberg :o
Personally, I think they look fun :D not sure if they damage the helmet or not though given that they recommend you don't put stickers on them anyway :-?

Loops
17-02-13, 07:11 PM
I like mine ;D but then I am a bit strange!

Anything that makes people look twice... 8-)

Tina - No damage as they are held on with plastic suckers.

Senna(Dan)
17-02-13, 07:14 PM
Trev,
Mohawks and fluffy ears are minor in these 'ere parts.

Star owns a rather 'loud' helmet cover that looks like animal from the muppets.

Wes
17-02-13, 07:25 PM
No not ever in any way shape or form.

Beamer
17-02-13, 07:25 PM
I personally think they are ace !!!

People are so quick to judge bikers as hard evil violent nasty sorts but when they see those funny attachments it shows a human, fun side. Kids love them and there is nothing better than going on a group ride and having kids waving as you ride through a town etc.

Sorry but I reckon they are fab and a brilliant non verbal way of saying we are fun people.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trev
17-02-13, 07:49 PM
I personally think they are ace !!!

People are so quick to judge bikers as hard evil violent nasty sorts but when they see those funny attachments it shows a human, fun side. Kids love them and there is nothing better than going on a group ride and having kids waving as you ride through a town etc.

Sorry but I reckon they are fab and a brilliant non verbal way of saying we are fun people.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi Beamer, good to hear you enjoy them, each to their own and just 'cos not for me then doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.
Not sure about your view that bikers are judged as hard, evil, violent, nasty sorts though, might be the myth some try to buy into but I think way off the mark nowadays.
Pain in the *rs*, noisy show offs, even highly skilled road users but definitely not 'bad boys' (or girls). Unless of course you're talking about the council estate mx-ers ;D

goz1960
17-02-13, 08:06 PM
No way would you see me with one on my helmet.

wiltshire builders
17-02-13, 08:55 PM
If you have to try and tell people that you are fun, you're not fun......you're an annoying arsehole.

Trev
17-02-13, 09:19 PM
If you have to try and tell people that you are fun, you're not fun......you're an annoying arsehole.

Bit harsh, I've not met Beamer but she doesn't strike me as an annoying arsehole :o

wiltshire builders
17-02-13, 09:36 PM

Bit harsh, I've not met Beamer but she doesn't strike me as an annoying arsehole :o
Don't do that, singling people out is annoying.....you arsehole ;)

Trev
17-02-13, 10:12 PM
:-?

Nooj
17-02-13, 10:27 PM
If they suit the person wearing them, fair enough, but they're not for me.

Infinitely better than rim tape though ;D

Rabb
17-02-13, 10:30 PM
Not for me, not ever!
But each to their own....

Conehead
17-02-13, 11:15 PM
+1 to rabb.

QB1
18-02-13, 07:45 AM
Took a pleasant 70 mile 'pootle' around the New Forest this morning taking in Keyhaven and Mudford Quay. Early on it was pretty quiet but very busy by lunchtime, the sun brings plenty out in the Forest.
Not many bikes (powered ones), I guess still a bit chilly for most, did pull up behind a group of cruisers at a junction and their headgear prompts me to put a questions out there;
where do you stand on decorating helmets with fluffy ears and stick-on mohican haircuts?
Looks bloody silly to my mind but perhaps I've just had a 'sense of fun' bypass ;D

I was out on my bike at the weekend too, it was lovely, all those with bikes still locked away just don't know what they are missing.

Fluffy ears and mohicans....each to their own but not my cup of tea.

A few years ago when my daughter used to ride pillion she had some ears and a tail. She used to think it was great fun, it made her smile. I remember the horror one day when I didnt stick them on well enough and they fell off. We had to turnaround and retrace our tracks to find them. Sadly they were well and truly squashed. :'( :'(

redken1
18-02-13, 08:59 AM
I always say that the biking community consists of a large diverse family of free-spirited individuals. Whether it is a tartan waistcoat or bright coloured headgear attached to a helmet, anything that expresses individuality is fine by me. 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Worth remembering that whilst we may think a particular item of clothing looks really naff on someone else, others may think what we are wearing doesn’t look very cool either.

C’mon own up who has a mirror in the garage or bike shed? ::) :-*

QB1
18-02-13, 09:12 AM
Worth remembering that whilst we may think a particular item of clothing looks really naff on someone else, others may think what we are wearing doesn’t look very cool either.

And IMO life is far too short to worry about people who are judgemental ;) :)

redken1
18-02-13, 09:24 AM

Agree Nicky - exactly my point, if we are going to judge others, perhaps we should take a look at ourselves first. :)

I don't have a mirror next to my bike and I don't check myself out when I pass shop windows. Bet some do though - you know who you are :D ;) ;D :-*

Ps I do enjoy dressing up as a Nun from time to time. Lol :o ;D

QB1
18-02-13, 09:43 AM

:o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Squashed_Fly
18-02-13, 10:56 AM

Are you still doing that Ken? I guess it's hard to get out of the habit.... [smiley=lolk.gif]

Kevinb
18-02-13, 12:48 PM
Amazes me people wear fluffy tails on their helmets because we all know what you find if you lift a tail up ;D

wiltshire builders
18-02-13, 01:31 PM
I always say that the biking community consists of a large diverse family of free-spirited individuals. Whether it is a tartan waistcoat or bright coloured headgear attached to a helmet, anything that expresses individuality is fine by me. 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

C’mon own up who has a mirror in the garage or bike shed? ::) :-*

Nicely put Ken. It's bull**** but nicely put. :D
Judging people on how they look is a primeval instinct and impossible to avoid.
Anyone who says they don't do it is a liar.
It's how we act on that judgement that defines us.
I couldn't care less how someone looks with regards to whether or not I'd hang out with them and if they asked my opinion I would give it.
It does annoy me though when people try to provoke a reaction by looking a certain way then get upset when it's not the reaction they were expecting.

Swanny
18-02-13, 03:25 PM
I don't mind what anyone does, if it pleases them then that's ok with me 8-)
Life would be boring if everyone was dressed the same

benobiker
19-02-13, 08:24 PM
OHhhhhh. this is not the thread I was thinking it was going to be.... :-[

Ducatista
19-02-13, 08:42 PM
I have several, but I've been told the devil's horns and forked tail suit me best ;D

The bit that makes me laugh is the fact that they've been tested to 175mph, so there's someone riding round the track testing these.

They generally get a positive reaction on the road, especially from children.

DC
19-02-13, 08:53 PM
Each to their own 8-)

Toph
19-02-13, 09:04 PM
I have a pair of pink fluffy rabbit ears that Darren gave me after selling me "Jordan". :)

But have only worn them in a carpark , at the start of a rideout for a giggle.. ;D

Although Loops wouldn't be the same without her fluffy ears.. or Robin without his green mohican. :)

8_ball
19-02-13, 10:52 PM
I have several, but I've been told the devil's horns and forked tail suit me best ;D

The bit that makes me laugh is the fact that they've been tested to 175mph, so there's someone riding round the track testing these.

They generally get a positive reaction on the road, especially from children.

Generally leather, horns and a tail would get a reaction from most :P

the question of helmet decoration is the same as one piece leathers or humps or dragging your knee on the main road...........each to there own....

Personally I only wear a thong and a helmet ????? when it is cold I may put my gloves on and turn on the grips :D

Loops
20-02-13, 05:29 PM
Although Loops wouldn't be the same without her fluffy ears..

I took them off to clean them and had to ride for a few days without them...I felt naked :o ;D

Col
20-02-13, 07:15 PM
OHhhhhh. this is not the thread I was thinking it was going to be.... :-[

Yeah ...deffo a case here of 'you set 'em up and I'll knock 'em in' ;D

But ...nah!! will behave :P

Flying Half-Dutchman
25-02-13, 08:13 PM
I've got a nice pair of black n' white cat ears. I'll make sure I wear them on the next WB rideout ;)

Elliott_Carr
25-02-13, 08:34 PM
i love to see people with weird and wacky things attachments. but they do say not to put stickers on your helmet, but all in all i don't see a problem with em' :)

Maz
28-02-13, 06:10 PM
Ive got a pink Mohawk. Brings out my fun side x ;D

Goldie
01-03-13, 08:08 PM
Right, that's it - I'm buying some now ;D Anyone sees me and tells me they look stupid will be greeted with a fork orf >:( ;D

Maz
02-03-13, 02:34 PM
Here is my helmet. My bike is in for repairs so ive converted to another bike lol. I hope the pic comes out ok. ;D

Elliott_Carr
02-03-13, 02:35 PM
;D ;D ;D

Swanny
02-03-13, 08:29 PM
Looking good 8-)