PDA

View Full Version : has anybody got or have insurance throu wicked quo

shane21
03-03-13, 09:17 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody on here has or have used wicked quotes for insurance of their vehicle? As I am currently with them and am unsure whether I would need to contact wicked themselfs or equity red star (as they are the company actually providing the insurance-or underwriting it) to see how much it'd cost to change vehicle?
Any advice or help would be appreciated
Shane

Conehead
03-03-13, 11:34 AM
Never heard of them but you usually need to contact the company you took the insurance through as they are the ones that sold you the insurance. The ones that underwrite the insurance are usually for the claims. Hope this helps. :-?

shane21
03-03-13, 05:03 PM
That makes sense, will give them a bell see what they say,
my old insurance company u could chop and change online was alot simpler

Jed
03-03-13, 10:22 PM
It sounds like you are making a change to an existing policy, so the contact details you need should be on the insurance documents that you have. Also it's worth a look on comparison sites as sometimes it can be more cost effective to cancel, and take out a completely new policy. ;)

shane21
04-03-13, 09:06 AM
They wont cover me on the vehicle I have in mind until im 25 :(

I thought that if you cancel your policy and start a new one elsewhere that you would lose your no claims bonuses? Or is there a way to cheat it?

Jed
04-03-13, 09:02 PM
You may lose the no-claims for this year but anything earned before the start of this policy should remain. Have a chat with an insurer that will cover you and see what they say about no-claims some of them can be surprisingly flexible. I use Carol Nash who for me have been very good, but then I am a mature rider with full no-claims. Essentially it is all about having a good look around and speaking with several insurers or brokers to find the best deal. I hope you find the cover you want.

alanTDM
05-03-13, 07:29 PM
I used this compare site http://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/ i got a quote of £73 FC or TPFT £52 with Benetts using Aviva. Renewal with Red Star Equity this year is £146

shane21
06-03-13, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the helpful info
, was just enquiring about possibly changing bike but have decided to keep the hornet for abit longer as its still plenty of fun and plenty fast enough for what i use it for (days off fun more than anything) and even elswhere the bike i was thinking of would cost me double the cost of my hornet to insure

But thankyou guys for your input just needed to make my mind up more than anything i guess

And atleast now i have abit more info in my head for next time