PDA

View Full Version : Biker down

Geordie Stu
05-03-13, 11:50 PM
Wiltshire times reporting biker accident at Semington. Biker taken to RUH with broken legs. :(

Hope they are otherwise ok & GWS.

Nelly
06-03-13, 07:04 AM
38 year old from trowbridge hit the bollard outside the crem :(

BB
06-03-13, 07:20 AM
GWS buddy

BB

redken1
06-03-13, 07:32 AM
Hope you make a speedy recovery

Jon_W
06-03-13, 07:59 AM
OUCH!!! :o

Hope he makes a quick recovery!

Kevinb
06-03-13, 08:32 AM
That sounds nasty. Not the best place to overtake/filter especially with the road surface as it is.
Hope he/she is ok

Rabb
06-03-13, 09:12 AM
GWS - is it anyone on here?

QB1
06-03-13, 09:15 AM
Biker down or to quote the Wiltshire Times ''motorbiker from Towbridge''.

Do hope he's OK sadly looks like what was an R1 is no more :'(

Elliott_Carr
06-03-13, 10:14 AM
Having to much fun on a r1

GWS...

QB1
06-03-13, 10:44 AM
Having to much fun on a r1

GWS...

Sorry my mistake Wiltshire Times say its a Yamaha 600 - its a mess whatever it was. :'(

Elliott_Carr
06-03-13, 12:20 PM
:'( :'( poor bike, poor driver

MrSquidbeak
06-03-13, 12:21 PM
Hope for fast recovery for the rider

Gooz
14-03-13, 07:34 PM
I had wiltshire times call me yesterday asking for an "expert opinion" on why there were so many bike rtc's happening right now ???? like im an authority on it ?? all I said were very dirty roads, low sun and more bikes coming out after winter , what more could I say ? rather awkward feeling that one, GWS anyhow

Rabb
14-03-13, 08:05 PM
I had wiltshire times call me yesterday asking for an "expert opinion" on why there were so many bike rtc's happening right now ???? like im an authority on it ?? all I said were very dirty roads, low sun and more bikes coming out after winter , what more could I say ? rather awkward feeling that one, GWS anyhow

And the state of the patchwork quilt of multiple utilities getting away with absolutely rubbish repairs after digging them up!!!
When the highways agree to these road works and repairs does anyone actualy go out and inspect the workmanship - the answer must be NO!
The roadworks in Westbury at the moment are a prime example - and I'm going to something about it Tomorrow! I'm going to phone the council and question their acceptance of **** workmanship!
Ive never layed Tarmac in my life before but I am certain that I could do a better job than the one on display in Westbury at the moment!!!

Swanny
14-03-13, 08:10 PM
Our roads are a disgrace and they are only getting worst.
I've never seen pot holes like we have now, there is no excuse for weather etc, other countries have worst conditions but their roads are in better condition.
It's simple the British can not make good roads.
In PNG there were two roads out of my town, one built by the French one built by the Brits. Guess which one was ****.

How many more of us will die because of poor workmanship?

£10.5bn bill to repair Britain’s potholed roads
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/general-news/10-5bn-bill-to-repair-britain-s-potholed-roads-1-5496485

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/9927061/Britains-pothole-problem-deepens.html

BB
15-03-13, 08:12 PM
I hate to rain on anyones parade here, but this guy didn't hit a pothole, he hit a car and a traffic island with a bollard on it (not sure in which order) so not really anything to do with potholes..... ::)

BB

Snowy
15-03-13, 08:41 PM
Never let the facts spoil a good rant.... ;D ;D ;D

Stuntsunlimited
04-05-13, 08:29 AM
Not since the Romans left... :)

Dabz
04-05-13, 11:30 AM
Never let the facts spoil a good rant.... ;D ;D ;D

The truth is simply that huge numbers of riders are dragging their bikes out from the garage after a winter on the optimate and not considering that they might be rusty after not riding for month, as well as car drivers who have forgotten to look out for bikes because of the lower numbers of them on the roads over winter. Every spring year after year we see many Biker Down threads, especially over Bank Hol weekends

Don't get me wrong, I hate them as much as anyone, but we can't blame the council, the government, or anyone else - accidents happen

Conehead
04-05-13, 11:37 AM
The truth is simply that huge numbers of riders are dragging their bikes out from the garage after a winter on the optimate and not considering that they might be rusty after not riding for month, as well as car drivers who have forgotten to look out for bikes because of the lower numbers of them on the roads over winter. Every spring year after year we see many Biker Down threads, especially over Bank Hol weekends

Don't get me wrong, I hate them as much as anyone, but we can't blame the council, the government, or anyone else - accidents happen

I agree with you DABZ but the council also need to up their game and provide safe roads that have gone to **** over the winter.

Swanny
04-05-13, 08:22 PM
We shouldn't need to be avoiding pot holes, we pay enough taxes to make sure our roads are fit to drive/ride on.