PDA

View Full Version : Confused?

Scotty
17-03-13, 12:02 PM
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Barking_Toad/IMG_0102_zpsf68f391d.jpg
This almost caught me out at a BP Station near Reading last week. As if using black hoses for Unleaded pumps and green ones for Diesel isn't bad enough, BP are now tagging the lines incorrectly too. >:( I wonder if the station would foot the bill were someone to stick a tankful of Unleaded into a Diesel car when they've marked the pump like this? :-?

Col
17-03-13, 12:15 PM
:o :o so the pump is diesel is it ??

Did you ask what it was all about ?

Loops
17-03-13, 01:29 PM
That looks like a pump of unleaded to me...!

With a big diesel flag on it :-?

Senna(Dan)
17-03-13, 02:01 PM
Some OAP will fill their car up and then wonder why BP were so stupid.

Jed
17-03-13, 03:25 PM
Pump looks like unleaded to me too. The nozzle is to the right of the pump, to the right of that is a green fuel pipe. Presumably the black pipe is connected to the diesel nozzle that is 'off camera' to the left? Sorry I wasn't there to see it but that's what I see in the photo.

Last Train
17-03-13, 03:33 PM
That might well have hamstrung me...

I've not long been driving my first rattler and I haven't really got to grips with the different nozzle, slippy, smelly ****e thing yet.

It'll happen one day for sure.

Must pay more attention.....

Wes
17-03-13, 04:26 PM
Not good at all :(

Nooj
17-03-13, 05:43 PM
Green rectangle on the pump with 'unleaded' on it, green trigger assembly also with 'unleaded' on it. You'd have to be either asleep or a reet thicko to get caught out by that.

Jacde
17-03-13, 06:01 PM
Looks like unleaded with an advert on the hose for diesel, but can see the black hose, think I'd go and ask before using and not just assume it's as it's labelled!

spook
17-03-13, 07:52 PM
A couple of years ago I was at Tesco in Shaftsbury and the pump had a problem with with my debit card. The guy came out from the kiosk and fixed the problem and then handed me a diesel pump to fill my bike. [smiley=shocked.gif] Its a good job one of us was awake

Geordie Stu
18-03-13, 11:47 AM
:D Looks Unleaded to me :D

I can see how this is confusing ::) Like Confuse the Market & Meerkat ;D

wiltshire builders
18-03-13, 01:10 PM
Why would you advertise diesel to someone who is clearly using an unleaded vehicle? It's not as if they're going to to say "Hey that sounds good. I'll have some of that instead"
This is wrong on so many levels.

Jon_W
25-03-13, 08:05 AM
Unleaded. The nozzles are different sizes.

Is feking daft advestising.

Shorty
25-03-13, 11:40 AM
It is easily done. Happened to me last year, filled up the bike on my way home then went out in the diesel car and put in unleaded - luckily only £20.

Why do the nozzles fit both?????

Maz
25-03-13, 12:01 PM
That would confuse me like.

Thats terrible...

I suppose they expect the general public to be colour blind! :D

Nico_babe
25-03-13, 12:20 PM
Dumbass Petrol station!!

Jon_W
26-03-13, 08:00 AM
The diesel nozzle is bigger and shouldn't fit into a petrol car.

However a bike just has a hole in the top of the tank, not taylored to a particular nozzle.