PDA

View Full Version : Insurance time again

Senna(Dan)
24-03-13, 11:39 AM
Just wondering if anybody has got any insurance companies they can recommend for being reasonably priced and reliable.

Both bikes are currently on a multi bike policy but will be coming off and onto separate policies due to me being very generous to Caz.

I have tried the usual suspects but wondered if anybpdy else had further input?

Conehead
24-03-13, 01:16 PM
None come to mind as they are all thieving bastards. :o :o >:( >:( >:(

Good luck anyway and I will keep my ears open for you. :-? :-? :-?

wiltsdan
24-03-13, 03:17 PM
I use carole nash, seem pretty good and have extras that you would normally have to pay for.
If you have a car they can combine the two aswell.

majodude
24-03-13, 05:03 PM
I'm with Swinton as breakdown cover is included, but I'm very lazy and do not check prices, just go with who I know, although my cars are insured by direct line!! Just avoid AVIVA, or blue fin I had home insurance and they squirmed and bickered over a £400 Tele. >:( >:(

Wes
24-03-13, 05:28 PM
Carole nash, best price for me and only a £125 excess :)

Goldie
24-03-13, 05:40 PM
I use Swinton bikes - wouldn't do it again as they charge a hefty admin fee when you make changes to the policy (and leave, I believe) I found AVIVA fabulous last year - I was burgled and the bastards stole my beemer off the drive on the way out. AVIVA Paid out over £6000 within 10 days of the theft.

They're all much-of-a-muchness though tbh.

Rabb
24-03-13, 05:51 PM
Compare all - I am never loyal and I always end up with a better deal.
I'm with MCE fully comp and 15 months RAC cover included. 15 months for the price of 12 on the insurance too.
Leathers and helmet cover upto £1000.
I also paid an 'extra' £6 per month on the policy so that my excess is zero too.
It worked out £10 a month less than my previous insurer ( and I only had TPF & Theft cover with them !!!)

My policy is £28 per month with only 1 years no claims.

Shop around and be utterly ruthless - it's just a case of 'who's buying in the business this month'.

Jed
24-03-13, 06:09 PM
Carole Nash for me, principally because they include european breakdown cover and don't care about the age of the bike. But as others have said shop around and know what you want.

Dabz
24-03-13, 06:39 PM
Bennetts for me

This isn't helping is it :p

QB1
24-03-13, 06:44 PM
Just wondering if anybody has got any insurance companies they can recommend for being reasonably priced and reliable.

Both bikes are currently on a multi bike policy but will be coming off and onto separate policies due to me being very generous to Caz.

I'm not in the least bit loyal to any insurer. I always use Compare the Market every year to get a quote.

You can easily change the cover and options to see how it affects the premiums too.

Senna(Dan)
24-03-13, 09:33 PM
I know how I have got insure both. The MV is hopefully going to be cheap

Loops
25-03-13, 04:32 PM
I've ended up with h&r now for a couple of years for the cbr. Mainly because they are the cheapest but also very good customer service!

The cg has been with Bennetts mostly.

Ade
25-03-13, 04:57 PM
Why don't you just do the comparison sites (marvellous thing the internet) and compare to your current provider's renewal quote and features.
Simples really and if you use that particular comparison site and buy a policy through them, you get a nice cuddly toy ... eventually. ;)

Not sure asking on here will necessarily help you as everyone's circumstances are different ..so some companies better for some and not others. :-? :)

redken1
25-03-13, 07:32 PM

I'm not in the least bit loyal to any insurer. I always use Compare the Market every year to get a quote.

You can easily change the cover and options to see how it affects the premiums too.

And why should you be Nicky?

Insurance companies like most big businesses are hardly falling over themselves to reward customer loyalty. Most financial and service providers offer better deals in the main, to new customers.

Snowy
25-03-13, 08:20 PM
I've literally just renewed my bike insurance and for the first time in many years I've kept the same insurer. I could have saved a bit by moving but I stuck with BMW because, also for the first time in years, the renewal quote wasn't much more than last year. Maybe some people are learning.....

Senna(Dan)
25-03-13, 09:02 PM
Snowy I don't think they are. MCE have just requoted at £120 dearer and £400 more excess.

Snowy
25-03-13, 09:12 PM
Snowy I don't think they are. MCE have just requoted at £120 dearer and £400 more excess.

I did say "maybe some" ;D ;D ;)

Jon_W
26-03-13, 07:58 AM
I've use Carol Nash. Cheap and good service.

fd2526
26-03-13, 02:49 PM
Used to use MCE but my renewal was quoted around £150 more than the previous year (for exact same bike, no changes etc) so H&R now - decent service when I've had contact with them

BB
26-03-13, 07:10 PM
I use Carole Nash. 6 wheel policy suits me fine 8-)

BB

mikeapm
30-03-13, 05:58 PM
Just re insured my zx9 with MCE for 15 months for £185 with 2 years no claims protected. (so about £150 for a year). Not sure what the norm is but sounded ok to me. It started at £229 but it came down after a bit of a haggle after I told them I was going elsewhere. As in a previous comment it will be different for everyone and I think best offers are usually for new customers. Good luck.

bigpete
31-03-13, 10:09 AM
I always put details into confused.com or compare the market, I have the same loyalty as the insurance companies themselves!! It annoys me that companies send a high renewal , just in case you pay it, when they can always offer a better deal when you call. surely they should be keeping their policy prices down to keep customers not try and rip off the few that don't shop around! (rant over!)
look at quotes though as the cheapest is not always the best!
hastings direct for me for the extras they threw in ;)

Col
31-03-13, 01:28 PM
The joke with insurance is that people might crawl around looking at different quotes ,etc. but the insurance is actually underwritten by the same firm...Allianz being one of the big players.

This explains why haggle the price seems effective...what the insurance firm is doing is actually taking less from the deal.

With stupid high costs today it is no wonder that insurance keeps going up so very little point in complaining about it ..... not helped by 'no win/no fee' ambulance chasing lawyers and the repair firm costs plus the insurers own low level damage assessments to 'write off' vehicles....probably due to modern [government/legal?] requirements to have immaculate repairs done.

Been told less are offering bike cover...I know the last few firms I used have all packed up :(

:) Imma orf out as it is a glorious day and am only here while having roast lamb ...yummy !!!!!

Kevinb
31-03-13, 03:37 PM
I've just renewed with Swinton MT-01 fully comprehensive and protected for £189 and I get another £40 back in three months time. I did spend 20 minutes haggling but well worth it

fd2526
18-05-13, 07:46 PM
Just to say H&R have been great while swapping bikes, phoned up weds, took out new policy, they received cancellation form for old policy fri, have refunded money due to me today & didnt charge me any admin/cancellation fees, good staff on the phones too :)