PDA

View Full Version : Porlock 9th October

bubblylittleme
09-10-11, 07:42 PM
http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/Porlock/?albumview=slideshow

BB
09-10-11, 09:01 PM
Interesting day out - a ride to a car park! ;D

Actually having read the comments sounds like you had a good day out. 8-)

BB

wiltshire builders
09-10-11, 10:33 PM
Why didn't you park at the front or go on to Lynmouth? It's absolutely stunning.
Did you go over exmoor?

Bonnielass
10-10-11, 01:26 PM
We did go over Exmoor but as we had ridden straight into clouds, pretty much all we could see was mist!! ::) Lynmouth would have been nice but just a bit too far for an October rideout! Maybe next year! :)

BB, it does look as if we just rode to a car park but rest assured, we didn't!! ;)

Snowy
10-10-11, 01:45 PM
Why didn't you park at the front or go on to Lynmouth? It's absolutely stunning.
Did you go over exmoor?

Lynmouth is great as a summer destination - I have been there twice this year. We did'nt park up on the front but Oakley went down there and said it was good so maybe next time. I have not been there myself before and as far as my SatNav software was concerned it only showed a pub which seemed expensive on their website. Given the days are getting shorter we were a bit pushed for time anyway as it was getting dark by the time we got back.

We went across Exmoor from Elworthy to Wheddon Cross and then to Porlock. It was a bit misty and the roads were a bit slippery with some light rain in places.

The only negatives for me were the number of temporary traffic lights and roadworks along the way especially in and around Taunton. Also the A39 has been ruined by speed restrictions and double whites in far too many places. I guess they are there for a reason though.

Last Train
10-10-11, 04:53 PM
http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/Porlock/?albumview=slideshow

8-)

Interesting day out - a ride to a car park! ;D
BB

;D

Beamer
10-10-11, 08:49 PM
And by god was I happy to see that carpark hehehe

phil.k4343
10-10-11, 08:59 PM
hi this was my first ride out with you guys nice day out,will hope to come out again soon cheers killer :)

Jacde
10-10-11, 09:05 PM
And by god was I happy to see that carpark hehehe

DITTO ;D

Looking forward to going again in better weather tho :)