Notices

Thread: MoT Failure?

Hybrid View

I appreciate the responses. It's not due until end of July, so I'll try and enjoy it (if it stops raining) and possibly start saving - hopefully it'll be ok.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    I appreciate the responses. It's not due until end of July, so I'll try and enjoy it (if it stops raining) and possibly start saving - hopefully it'll be ok.

Pete
    By the end of July ( If this weather gives us a break ! ) you'll have shaved a few microns off that disc , diminishing the current state of that pitting slightly , just make sure you keep that disc well greased up to prevent further corrosion .................

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    By the end of July ( If this weather gives us a break ! ) you'll have shaved a few microns off that disc , diminishing the current state of that pitting slightly , just make sure you keep that disc well greased up to prevent further corrosion .................
    Yeah I alway put a good coating of copper grease in my discs to keep them from wearing or sticking .
    (Legal disclaimer: this is a JOKE. Do not repeat DO NOT do it, just say NO).
    seriously though put few hundred miles on the bike before July and brake heavier than noramal and what pitting isn't worn down will get filled with brake dust, doubt it'll be noticeable.