Notices

Thread: Clocks showing nothing

Hybrid View

Thanks Aidbox, I have been on there, and have been trying everything that has been suggested but to no avail, and i'm not entirely sure what i need to check for on the PCB, although i have had a look at this several times. I don't suppose anyone knows of somewhere i could have this looked at, thats fairly cheap.

Thanks,

Rob

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robf View Post
    Thanks Aidbox, I have been on there, and have been trying everything that has been suggested but to no avail, and i'm not entirely sure what i need to check for on the PCB, although i have had a look at this several times. I don't suppose anyone knows of somewhere i could have this looked at, thats fairly cheap.

Thanks,

Rob
    Sidestand issue is most likely clutch switch, it thinks clutch is in, so it lets you put sidestand down, maybe previous owner bypassed it? As for clocks, you could try Carmo https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_...isie_reparatie i know a few lads have used them for ECU repair on Fireblades.org as the HISS needs to see the same ECU, so you can't just swap it out.

Hi Mitch,

Could be that it's just stuck on the switch side, i will check and confirm at some point, as i have been the previous owner for the past 4 years, and not had an issue until the whole clock issue stuff.

I've ordered a second hand set of clocks, which i'm hoping will arrive in the next couple of days, and resolve the issue if not it's going to be a case of getting the ECM out, and trying to find a way of getting it repaired.

Although i would have expected the bike to stop working completely if there was a problem with the ECM as like you say that controlls the HISS and everything else.

Hopefully it is just the clocks and maybe a switch, and hopefully she will then be fully road worthy again.

Thanks,

Rob

Platinum Member
    Carmo (link i posted above) remanufacture clocks and ECU's, if it is clocks, get them fixed and sell on, same for ECU.

Without a shadow of a doubt, providing the cost of repair doesn't exceed the re-sell value, or else there is little point. I think i contacted Carmo before over the clocks, and i was looking at about £80 for the repair, and so it was hardly worth it, when i could get second hand for same cost. But we will see.