Notices

Thread: Second gear

Hybrid View

Platinum Member
    If it was a 600, yeah no problem, but it's a desirable engine for kit cars etc There's a load of junk for sub £500, more like £1k for anything 'supposedly' decent. Selector forks are circa £50 ea, it will deffo be one of them, if it's worn dogs on second gear, i would expect 6th to be fubar too, as they mesh, even supposing 2 gears @ £60 each, £200 max for parts. Say a week to fix, if i have to drop engine, and i work from home most days, so that isn't an issue. Main problem now is waiting till spring, i have a 30m sq patio, but no heated garage I hae a car, we have 3 cars, but it's a shi_tter having use of no bike. I can drop the forks out through the sump, if i totally remove clutch side, gonna do that first, and see if a fork is bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    If it was a 600, yeah no problem, but it's a desirable engine for kit cars etc There's a load of junk for sub £500, more like £1k for anything 'supposedly' decent. Selector forks are circa £50 ea, it will deffo be one of them, if it's worn dogs on second gear, i would expect 6th to be fubar too, as they mesh, even supposing 2 gears @ £60 each, £200 max for parts. Say a week to fix, if i have to drop engine, and i work from home most days, so that isn't an issue. Main problem now is waiting till spring, i have a 30m sq patio, but no heated garage I hae a car, we have 3 cars, but it's a shi_tter having use of no bike. I can drop the forks out through the sump, if i totally remove clutch side, gonna do that first, and see if a fork is bent.
    I've got a dry lockup you can use for a few weeks if it's any help, guessing a fair few miles from you as out Fordingbridge way but the offers there

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I've got a dry lockup you can use for a few weeks if it's any help, guessing a fair few miles from you as out Fordingbridge way but the offers there
    Crikey, thanks, but yeah, a bit out of my parish.