Notices

Thread: Benefits street

Hybrid View

Sadly, although the subject could be an interesting programme, it has been manhandled to the extreme to gain exactly what C4 wanted. Exposure.
    As usual with this type of programme, selective presentation and some very clever editing has brought the residents of this show some degree of notoriety. Being filmed over the course of a year it becomes obvious that the scene selection is edited to the most damaging effect. Short hair, long hair then quickly back to short.! Getting a true reflection of a "social" group over the course of a year in 5 hours is a big ask! Having said that i guess the director had quite a say in explaining what he wanted the "stars" to say. I figure there was quite a lot of prompting going on. I.E, I would imaging that getting someone to say "I only have 6p to my name" whilst holding a pack of Benson & hedges and a can of Special Brew would have been deemed a beaut of a line to come out with

Ive no doubt that C4 knew exactly what they wanted to achieve when making this programme.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Sadly, although the subject could be an interesting programme, it has been manhandled to the extreme to gain exactly what C4 wanted. Exposure.
    As usual with this type of programme, selective presentation and some very clever editing has brought the residents of this show some degree of notoriety. Being filmed over the course of a year it becomes obvious that the scene selection is edited to the most damaging effect. Short hair, long hair then quickly back to short.! Getting a true reflection of a "social" group over the course of a year in 5 hours is a big ask! Having said that i guess the director had quite a say in explaining what he wanted the "stars" to say. I figure there was quite a lot of prompting going on. I.E, I would imaging that getting someone to say "I only have 6p to my name" whilst holding a pack of Benson & hedges and a can of Special Brew would have been deemed a beaut of a line to come out with

Ive no doubt that C4 knew exactly what they wanted to achieve when making this programme.
    what he said.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”