Notices

Thread: Tyre recommendation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopylibby View Post
    I went with Pirelli's angle city front and rear for £175.98 (to be precise) which includes new valves, balancing and fitting for me. As they like to call it, ride in ride out... Wiltshire Tyres are actually pretty good so far.. Told me they would definitely be delivered Tuesday but i arranged Saturday to have them fitted as during next week i am at work. I got a call today to say they were there already (one day after ordering them) and i could go in a week early to get them fitted. Pretty pleased so far.
    You can't beat new boots !

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    You can't beat new boots !
    AFTER the 1st 50 miles! The 1st 50 are quite exciting.

Indeed !

i am pleased to say, the pirelli look daymn fine on my bike. it feels like a whole new bike! I used to only be able to squeeze 65 out my bike but can happily get 70 on a straight now. Yes, i know they have said ride 100 miles before you go full out but, i just simply couldn't help myself...

Platinum Member
    Yes, i know they have said ride 100 miles before you go full out but, i just simply couldn't help myself...
    That's advice you really really should be taking notice of, although I think 100 miles is abit over the top, I ride like a loon most of the time but for the 1st 50 miles after new boots I'm driving miss daisy. At risk of sounding like an old git again, there's no point in asking for riding advice if your going to ignore it ............... although I learnt that the hard way il admit.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 30-12-17 at 02:27 PM.

caveat on my bill always says 100 miles, you drop the bike before you have no comeback. its there for a reason.
    as recommended by all the major manufacturers, its primarily due to the release agent used in the moulds and secondly , to allow for seating on the beads correctly. I have known painted alloy wheels with excessive old tyre lube/soap used for fitting build up or corrosion of the ally cause leaking. you wouldn't want at higher speeds.

Platinum Member
    I would also say, not just brand new tyres, i've got Diablo Rosso 3's on my Fireblade, it went into storage September 2016, came out September 2017, and was slip sliding away on the rear for the first hundred miles or so, to the point i thought the suspension was farked till i'd scrubbed them in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    That's advice you really really should be taking notice of, although I think 100 miles is abit over the top, I ride like a loon most of the time but for the 1st 50 miles after new boots I'm driving miss daisy. At risk of sounding like an old git again, there's no point in asking for riding advice if your going to ignore it ............... although I learnt that the hard way il admit.
    It was only the once as i was reaching my 100th mile. I hear they say they say to go 100 miles to wear down the 'chicken strip', more so to go 100 miles for cornering before giving it a full booting round the bends. I was only going on a straight, dry weather, no wind etc etc... it was well planned and i'm still here so we're all good xD.

The 100 miles need to be dry miles. Wet miles don't scrub the surface enough and don't count.

It was only the once as i was reaching my 100th mile. I hear they say they say to go 100 miles to wear down the 'chicken strip', more so to go 100 miles for cornering before giving it a full booting round the bends. I was only going on a straight, dry weather, no wind etc etc... it was well planned and i'm still here so we're all good xD.
    They only fuss because they care
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”