Notices

Thread: Legal expenses Cover

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    You claim all that back from the 3rd parties insurer. You could have done the entire claim that way (I'm assuming the cock in question was insured, if not you have to take it through the MIB).
    I'm going to try that tomorrow.
    I just assumed my insurance company would do that seeing as that's what I pay them for.
    Luckily the car behind had a dash cam.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I just assumed my insurance company would do that seeing as that's what I pay them for.
    I think they should, my wife has claimed when non fault via her own fully comp once and via the 3rd party directly once. Via her own fully comp was an utter ballache and she did pay the excess because until the 3rd parties insurer admitted liability it's basically treated as if you are at fault. Once fault was admitted (formally by 3rd party insurer) she was refunded the excess (though that was a ballache too).

Second time the third parties insurer contacted her within hours of the incident. Hire car provided, her's taken for assessment, payout made all very quickly and efficiently (and quite generously compared to the book value of the car). Far more efficient experience.