Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
Some things to make you think:
Trev - I remember seeing Hydrogen cars on Top Gear a while back, at the time i thought that's the way they will go. Like you say range and filling up much the same a petrol / diesel.
I remember when vauxhall was going to launch the Ampera many moons ago that was going to be Hydrogen but the lack of filling stations killed that off and it eventually launched as a hybrid.
for me i think the push to buy an EV is political in a similar fashion to the gov's BUY DIESEL with all its benefits
in the great scheme of things they are not the greenest alternative when you look at how and where the parts come from and how many globe miles they travel before they get assembled in the car.
And of course how long before the insurance companies realise the performance and say hang on you have an EV that has the acceleration/performance of a super car (some tesla's can do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds) https://www.0-60specs.com/tesla/
we will have to raise your premiums accordingly or have they already and this other shoe is waiting to drop !

definitely hydrogen for me, mpg and filling times comparable to petrol/diesel. hydrogen stations on the increase so looking more favourable BUT as they are still damn expensive as are EV's i can wait.
I am afraid that any EV just don't float my boat

most people especially in gov seem to think EV's are a new thing, well anyone here over a certain age may remember the 60's/70's where the milkman used to come up in his 3 wheeled milk wagon EV. all the kids used to jump on it for a ride even if it was only a few yards