Notices

Thread: 'What have you been doing in your shed today ?'

Hybrid View

My afternoon will be dedicated too new chain (horrible cheap thing but needed for upcoming MOT) and new sprockets. Dropping 2 teeth on the front for more wheelies. It'll drop the theoretical top end too 112 (fag packet maths) but should get there a lot quicker, currently it can be teased just past 130 but from about 98 onward is tedious as it struggles to pull the gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    My afternoon will be dedicated too new chain (horrible cheap thing but needed for upcoming MOT) and new sprockets. Dropping 2 teeth on the front for more wheelies. It'll drop the theoretical top end too 112 (fag packet maths) but should get there a lot quicker, currently it can be teased just past 130 but from about 98 onward is tedious as it struggles to pull the gearing.
    Two teeth off the front is a fair change, I've never gone more than + or - one tooth on the front, sounds like you've done the sums though and I know how you like the sound of your bike revving ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Two teeth off the front is a fair change, I've never gone more than + or - one tooth on the front, sounds like you've done the sums though and I know how you like the sound of your bike revving ; )
    Just gave it a go, front wheel definitely lifts easier, gets to a ton quick though it shoots through the first few gears almost as fast as they can be shifted and pulls through the redline in top resulting in a slightly higher top end than I calculated (private land honest). I have a barely used 45T rear I may put on which would then -3 me on the rear so put me closer to if I had -1 on front as I think as fun as this feels it's going to put my fuel economy in depressing territory.

Previously it was on 15/48 which gave awesome motorway fuel economy but as you've seen when giving it the beans it struggled to pull high speeds. I want to find my preferred combo/compromise on this one with cheap sprockets and budget chains so when it comes to getting decent ones for the project I know the setup I want.