Notices

Thread: New Baby Harley

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Looks like the 500 isn't making the UK. Guess it's back to dreaming of chopping my JL250-5 in for a Dragstar

I suggest you give any of the Rods a go.. they really don't hang around. I'm lucky because of contacts I get to ride all sorts.. sometimes just to put some miles on before they go to shows all over europe..bed the brakes in that sort of thing. But no tassels for me or chaps..very YMCA plus they expose the bits that hit the deck..lol.. ridden a lot in the states so I know thats where they are needed just to keep the bugs off your jeans.. over here..Nah! can't stand them

My mate got a 1200 nightster for his wife the year before last..09 plate bit rough but did it up over the winter.. a friend at 8 Ball did the paint..its the dogs danglies.. and it cost £3400..worth twice that now..Ill dig out a picture WR6133

Not bad for a nightster
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sins View Post
    Not bad for a nightster
    Long time before I can buy something like that! At least without the Mrs divorcing me . Of the 883's I prefer the roadster I like the "fuller" look as opposed to bobbed/minimalist.

I ride 300 quids worth of Chinese 250 that I spent the last 3 months getting on the road

Well it's a credit to you Bud.. I don't care what it is as long as you ride it.. Unlike when I started riding when there was a lot of rubbish around.. Normally British lol.. I do a bit of fabricating.. Metal working and spray painting..including airbrushing. I'm looking for a project myself..helps thatI started as an apprentice panel beater on Rolls Royce.. .

7. You can see where your bikes styling came from 
    Last edited by Sins; 27-01-14 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Same styling

Yep the rear fender is a direct copy. It's sort of a confused mix of HD and a marauder, with a copy/rip off of an old Honda 250 engine (as used in the Rebel CMX250 and old CB250). Comfy little thing when it behaves though, it's taken me to South Wales and back with a long detour round the Beacons and Abergavenny. I had the 125 version as well but that was the bike from Hell, I sold it on with more cable ties and gaffa tape than metal.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Long time before I can buy something like that! At least without the Mrs divorcing me . Of the 883's I prefer the roadster I like the "fuller" look as opposed to bobbed/minimalist.

I ride 300 quids worth of Chinese 250 that I spent the last 3 months getting on the road

If it's your Pride and joy it's your pride and joy WR6133 !!! It's two wheels

I think your bike looks great mate.. If you could take that back in time to when I started everyone would want one.. And it least you get out and about.. Last year I was in the Oxford HD dealership and there was a three year old soft tail for sale.. I hit the speedo button..860 miles.. So it was due it's first mot before it's first service.. What a waste!!..