Notices

Thread: Garmin Basecamp

Hybrid View

Hi
    I have a Garmin and I avoid basecamp like the plague, for just the reason you state. The best thing is to use a program called Tyre - free for basic version (http://www.tyretotravel.com/) which is compatible with TomTom and Garmin.
    Simply plan your route using Google maps, (Hint: Use Click and drag to use the route you want to take), and then save it to suit your satnav. It then produces a file (set of way points) which you can then copy to your sat nav.
    Hint: Be careful with motorways and dual carriageways that you put the way point on the correct side of the road, otherwise it will have you going up and back down the same stretch of road.
    Enjoy John

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by jfranci1 View Post
    Hi
    I have a Garmin and I avoid basecamp like the plague, for just the reason you state. The best thing is to use a program called Tyre - free for basic version (http://www.tyretotravel.com/) which is compatible with TomTom and Garmin.
    Simply plan your route using Google maps, (Hint: Use Click and drag to use the route you want to take), and then save it to suit your satnav. It then produces a file (set of way points) which you can then copy to your sat nav.
    Hint: Be careful with motorways and dual carriageways that you put the way point on the correct side of the road, otherwise it will have you going up and back down the same stretch of road.
    Enjoy John
    Thank you for that John.

I spent about five hours last night trying to plan a simple route and was close to smashing household items, mostly laptop and satnav !

Will give that a try later
    Aiden