Notices

Thread: Newbie

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I use the same nom de plume on SWB, there are a number of us in both communities. I first joined SWB in 2007 when a former member, Age, told me about Llandow when at the Phase One workshop one weekend. I haven't ridden Llandow since 2013, in fact I haven't ridden on track at all since June 2018, thinking of sacking track riding altogether as it doesn't float my boat like it used to... though that's the subject of a totally different thread, sorry for rambling on yours. Welcome aboard, whereabouts are you living?
    Just outside Chippenham, just moved to a new place. You? Hopefully doing Llandow next year. It's a bit like a go cart track but it's a normally a fun day. Besides, the cafe does excellent ham egg and chips. :-)

What yer doing instead of track then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Just outside Chippenham, just moved to a new place. You? Hopefully doing Llandow next year. It's a bit like a go cart track but it's a normally a fun day. Besides, the cafe does excellent ham egg and chips. :-)

What yer doing instead of track then?
    We’re in Corsham, not far from Chip’num. I’m plenty familiar with Llandow, I did seven SWB days there - I doubt it’s changed a great deal has it, are John’s rider briefings still the same piss-take of supermoto riders and those who crash after the chequered flag?

My bike time is divided between road-riding (which I’m enjoying far more since getting off a sports bike and onto a super naked, limited to between April and October), and off-roading (all year-round).

As you’re nearby we should meet up sometime for a beer, what d’ya reckon?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen