Notices

Thread: Helmet removal notice at Petrol stations

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chatterbox
    The Texaco station at Beckington are pro helmet removal
    Everything else is shyte

I remove mine if asked. Don't really mind either way.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Banned
    They don't ask, they tell you too.
    My Dad's moto "Ask me always, tell me never."

Dad's are good aren't they?
    When I started biking he told me.
    'There is a dead cow in the middle of the road around every corner. Don't go too fast until you can see that somebody has removed it.'
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Diamond Member
    Think I can only ever remember a fellow rider getting asked to take their helmet off once and the assistant simply asked her to over the loud speaker (I had mine off like a good lad) :-)

I always take mine off anyway, it takes a few seconds (inc gloves) keeps everybody happy and is easier to fill up anyway without it on.
    Life's to short (well, mine is anyway) to get overheated about such a trivial thing ;-)

Saying that, in my younger bolshy days I might have made a fuss, but the older I get, the more chilled I get !

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    They don't ask, they tell you too.
    My Dad's moto "Ask me always, tell me never."
    I find they ask...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Banned
    No it might sound like they are but they tell you too, asking leaves you with an option

Diamond Member
    If I'm asked to before filling up or there's signage I will take my helmet off...what's the point in getting hot under the collar and stomping off to another fuel station, I mean really, who is getting the worst deal out of that? You're on private property and whether you like it or not, you have no legal right to be served in the same way as Sainsbury's don't have to sell to you whilst trying to do your weekly shop. Its then my choice if I go back there again.

I have only ever once been asked after filling up and simply asked the cashier if they're refusing to take payment and my card was received somewhat ungraciously with my helmet still on my noggin.

I dont remove my lid, where do they suppose you put it, on the diesel spilled floor or pump, yea right, i tend to use sainsbos as they have never asked, or asda and morrisons which have pay at the pump, much easier.

Diamond Member
    Question; if the rider of a stolen bike refuelled and sped of without paying, how do the police identify the suspect from the CCTV footage if his/her helmet were not removed?

Unless I am in a real hurry, I remove my helmet because I think it is rude to converse with another person with my face covered and as already stated, it's a welcome break.