Notices

Thread: David's story

Hybrid View

When I'm on 4 wheels I NEVER pull out on a Biker however close they are, but I think you will find that the car driver admitted he never "saw" the bike or car behind it, in other words he didn't look or it didn't register.

I commute 10 hours a week either around or through Bath, as for your comment on being a sitting duck then you are right, you have to ride defensively or you won't last long. Think of it as a big game of Russian Roulette, one or more of the drivers is going to do something stupid - you just have to guess which one it is and when....
    You can do your best by taking every precaution and riding safe - doesn't have to be slow - just safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal103 View Post
    When I'm on 4 wheels I NEVER pull out on a Biker however close they are.....
    If you see them.

I feel really sorry for this mans family and have the utmost respect for them especially his Mum, what a truly amazing lady.

I also feel sorry for the car driver. It's not fair to expect him to have any one coming along a public road at nearly 100mph. I think despite what a lot of us say it would be easy to misjudge crossing the road when someone is tanking along at that speed.

I'm sure as bikers not a single one of us can hand on heart say their wasnt one time when we went way too fast. Fact is he was going way too fast and was unlucky.

It's made me think......