Notices

Thread: Throttle cable woes

Hybrid View

I fell off my Serow first day trail riding in Isle of Man. Snapped the throttle cable connector off the handlebars but cable was ok. Bloke road up the trail behind me and had some cable ties, tied the end of the cable to the twist grip nice & neatly and I continued riding for the rest of the holiday quite happily - in fact for many months afterwards! Moral - Never go out without a cable tie or two
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I fell off my Serow first day trail riding in Isle of Man. Snapped the throttle cable connector off the handlebars but cable was ok. Bloke road up the trail behind me and had some cable ties, tied the end of the cable to the twist grip nice & neatly and I continued riding for the rest of the holiday quite happily - in fact for many months afterwards! Moral - Never go out without a cable tie or two
    i had cable ties and gaffer tape in my top box, the one left on my bench at home lol.