Notices

Thread: Local boy done good...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    A disaster? Do tell how?
    unsustainable benefits system, raise of union power, zero credibility on international stage, out of EU, increased taxes, ineffective economic policy, negative climate for business, weak response to terrorist threat, yet more cyclists and beards stay in fashion

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    unsustainable benefits system, raise of union power, zero credibility on international stage, out of EU, increased taxes, ineffective economic policy, negative climate for business, weak response to terrorist threat, yet more cyclists and beards stay in fashion
    The unsustainable benefits are the pensioners, no-one else.
    He plans to stop cutting the unions powers, not raise them.
    No idea where you get the credibility quip from, or why?
    Unlikely to leave EU, as the rest of Labour want in.
    Increased taxes, yes, for the rich, and tax dodgers, not you or i.
    Economic policy is yet another baseless quip, as is the business one.
    Weak response to terrorist threat, how? What terrorists?
    I have a beard, and ride a cycle, bang on trend.

The unsustainable benefits are the pensioners, no-one else.
    He plans to stop cutting the unions powers, not raise them.
    No idea where you get the credibility quip from, or why?
    Unlikely to leave EU, as the rest of Labour want in.
    Increased taxes, yes, for the rich, and tax dodgers, not you or i.
    Economic policy is yet another baseless quip, as is the business one.
    Weak response to terrorist threat, how? What terrorists?
    I have a beard, and ride a cycle, bang on trend.
    Not sure you know how well off I am but thanks anyway, you've put my mind completely at ease on all those points

Platinum Member
    Not sure you know how well off I am but thanks anyway, you've put my mind completely at ease on all those points
    If you fall into the rich category, i hope you get taxed proportionally

If you fall into the rich category, i hope you get taxed proportionally
    Depends what you call rich, all I know is that I pay a **** load of tax both personally and through my business although not sure it's proportional to anything, certainly doesn't feel like it come January & July ; )

Depends what you call rich, all I know is that I pay a **** load of tax both personally and through my business although not sure it's proportional to anything, certainly doesn't feel like it come January & July ; )
    Amen to this - I run a business but it's hard to see the reward when you get taxed heavily for taking any profits out (moreso now they're changing the dividend tax rules), and if you leave the money in you pay load sin tax anyway.

People complain about the "rich" but do they realise that 20p in every pound a business makes goes straight to the government, after you've already paid 20% in VAT, and then if you take out enough in wages to make up for the long days and sleepless nights you pay 40p in every pound to the goverment.

Imagine my business bills a customer £100. We pay £20 over to the government in VAT. Of the £80 that's left we pay a further £16 in corporation tax, so we have £64 left. If I pay £20 of that to a staff member I have £44 left except the government charges me a further £2.2 in tax because I paid it to the member of staff (even though they themselves also paid £4 in tax!). I have £41.80 left from that £100 we worked hard to earn, so I think I deserve £30 of it, but if I do that often enough then I'm in the higher tax bracket and only receive £24 of it.

So I get £24 for every £100 billed. Ok, bit of an extreme example and it's not exactly like that with tax free earnings etc, but the sentiment is right. The working class might be hard done by but it's annoying when everyone makes out that those who run businesses have it easy.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Amen to this - I run a business but it's hard to see the reward when you get taxed heavily for taking any profits out (moreso now they're changing the dividend tax rules), and if you leave the money in you pay load sin tax anyway.

People complain about the "rich" but do they realise that 20p in every pound a business makes goes straight to the government, after you've already paid 20% in VAT, and then if you take out enough in wages to make up for the long days and sleepless nights you pay 40p in every pound to the goverment.

Imagine my business bills a customer £100. We pay £20 over to the government in VAT. Of the £80 that's left we pay a further £16 in corporation tax, so we have £64 left. If I pay £20 of that to a staff member I have £44 left except the government charges me a further £2.2 in tax because I paid it to the member of staff (even though they themselves also paid £4 in tax!). I have £41.80 left from that £100 we worked hard to earn, so I think I deserve £30 of it, but if I do that often enough then I'm in the higher tax bracket and only receive £24 of it. So I get £24 for every £100 billed. Ok, bit of an extreme example and it's not exactly like that with tax free earnings etc, but the sentiment is right. The working class might be hard done by but it's annoying when everyone makes out that those who run businesses have it easy.

James if it wasn't for you and other people who run businesses paying taxes then there wouldn't be a country. People on benefits use it as a way of life rather then a step between jobs. If Corbyn got in then there wouldn't be any poor as he would pay everyone lots, no underfunded health services because he would just print more money and no need for a nuclear deterrent as the whole world would live as one and in peace and harmony (I'll have some of what he is drinking or smoking as it sounds amazing)

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post

Imagine my business bills a customer £100. We pay £20 over to the government in VAT. Of the £80 that's left we pay a further £16 in corporation tax, so we have £64 left. If I pay £20 of that to a staff member I have £44 left except the government charges me a further £2.2 in tax because I paid it to the member of staff (even though they themselves also paid £4 in tax!). I have £41.80 left from that £100 we worked hard to earn, so I think I deserve £30 of it, but if I do that often enough then I'm in the higher tax bracket and only receive £24 of it.

So I get £24 for every £100 billed. Ok, bit of an extreme example and it's not exactly like that with tax free earnings etc, but the sentiment is right. The working class might be hard done by but it's annoying when everyone makes out that those who run businesses have it easy.
    Dabz, I don't want to question your maths but if you manage to keep £24 of every £30 you pay yourself then I need to have a word with your accountant ; )