Notices

Thread: Two guys on a Honda BB, T shirt and trainers, GSX R jeans and trainers today..

Hybrid View

Human nature unfortunately, the same mentality that will get wild birds to come to your bird table and trust you after you don't eat them the first couple of times works with us, it may be stupid, it may be dangerous but if you don't get wiped out your brain says it's OK. Some folk don't seem to have the gumption to fight that bit of nature.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S View Post
    Human nature unfortunately, the same mentality that will get wild birds to come to your bird table and trust you after you don't eat them the first couple of times works with us, it may be stupid, it may be dangerous but if you don't get wiped out your brain says it's OK. Some folk don't seem to have the gumption to fight that bit of nature.
    In light of the fact that bikers are 25 times more likely to be involved in an accident, could this theory not be applied to all bikers?

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    In light of the fact that bikers are 25 times more likely to be involved in an accident, could this theory not be applied to all bikers?
    Stats can be manipulated to suit any argument.
    If the propaganda said "if you ride like a bellend, you're 25 times more likely to be involved in an accident" nobody would take any notice.
    How many riders from Bath Classics have been involve in an accident recently?
    Riders from the GS owners club? Riders HD club?
    I bet not many.
    If you broke it down further you would find The bulk of these stats is made up of sports bike riders and couriers, yet everyone gets put into the same bracket.
    The government are reluctant to target one group because they're worried that the rest will think "that's not me, so I'm fine"