Notices

Thread: MAG & 2030

Hybrid View

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    well anyone here over a certain age may remember the 60's/70's where the milkman used to come up in his 3 wheeled milk wagon EV. all the kids used to jump on it for a ride even if it was only a few yards
    I used to be a milkman at Avonmoor dairy straight out of collage (education money well spent ) I remember once a 38 ton HGV broke down over the loading dock so we slung a chain round the front into the back of a single electric milk float and it pulled it out the way as if it wasn’t there, unbelievable torque but 14mph was its lot , no heater or screen demister (but had a scraper on a string to scrape the ice of the inside screen ) always running out of power and the headlights were like tiny torches, not the best introduction to EV and maybe that’s where my intense dislike of them stems from.
    I genuinely and honestly loved that job though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    I used to be a milkman at Avonmoor dairy.
    Ernie !
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    Ernie !

Hey Badger, I reckon you’re in need of a name change

I know what you mean though mate. They were my alarm clock for years, the wurr of the float, (what a great name for it by the way) & the clanking of the bottles. I always fancied working on them though never did. I was a paper-rounder
    Everything else is shyte