Notices

Thread: Tyre recommendation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    price quoted was for the cbf125 rear tyre only. continental to match. as requested.
    other pairs for 600plus bikes from £130 up. normally £200 balanced and fitted.

I get email shots from MPS, as do many bikers. They do offers of either pairs or single tyres at very competitive prices. I was going to say 'cheap' but no decent superbike tyre is that. They do free delivery. Tyre depots that do bikes will fit to loose rims for £15 a tyre. You are still quids in compared with general pricing. I'm sure others as well as MPS do these Mail Order deals.

Platinum Member
    I brought a tyre from eBay last year, to be fair it WAS a new tyre as in it'd never been fitted on a bike but when I date checked it it was a 2002 tyre. not ideal. I now check the age of tyres before buying, online and in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Yeah iv a suspicion they saw me coming a little bit, that said the last set was £240+. The problem is I ride the arse of my bikes and rarely get much more than about 4500 miles to a set which gets me in trouble with my mrs.
    That's not bad if you're 'riding the arse off', I was getting 2 - 2.5k out of the rear on my GSXR on SuperCorsas which was one of the reasons I swapped to PR3's, not as much feel but I've given up needing that much on the road (if I ever did) and I haven't made a track day on it in years. From memory I paid about £180 for the last pair, that wasn't fitted as I have a mate who owns a tyre shop so he sorts my tyres for me ; )

comments generally reflect why bike shops are closing down. the trade mag has a big dealer closing each month , they don't know how many small ones close each year.
    M&P get their tyres from the same place as I do for the same price, yet sell them cheaper than they paid for them. its their loss leader, to get you to go back and buy something else from them.

Oponeo, tyres are always recent dated prices are hard to beat and delivery is fast. For anyone near Andover, TRS at Andover Down will do a pair of loose wheels for £10-15. It's paying for a roll in, roll out service normally rockets the price. Not alot of work to get the bike on stands at home, remove the wheels and take them to the fitter.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Not a lot of work to get the bike on stands at home, remove the wheels and take them to the fitter.
    Tiz if you don't have any stands or a car.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Tiz if you don't have any stands or a car.
    I've got a couple of stands you can have but you'll have to buy your own bus ticket ; )

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I've got a couple of stands you can have but you'll have to buy your own bus ticket ; )
    He can use his OAP bus pass

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Don't get used to these prices if your planning on getting a big bike though, I put a set of Bridgestones on my triumph last month, £280 fitted, my wallets still in shock.
    I went with Pirelli's angle city front and rear for £175.98 (to be precise) which includes new valves, balancing and fitting for me. As they like to call it, ride in ride out... Wiltshire Tyres are actually pretty good so far.. Told me they would definitely be delivered Tuesday but i arranged Saturday to have them fitted as during next week i am at work. I got a call today to say they were there already (one day after ordering them) and i could go in a week early to get them fitted. Pretty pleased so far.