Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Probably get pelters for this but I love the gadgets in the latest cars, mines not a latest Deutschland offering so goes a bit under the radar although probably has even more kit, particularly as I like to raid the options list ; )

Volvo's aim is zero accidents in one of their (new) cars by 2020 and of course safety kit is high on the list; City safe, pedestrian airbags, cameras that detect cyclists (and proper bikes), radar controlled cruise control, radar sideways scanning when reversing out into a road, parking sensors and cameras, blind spot radar, lane assist, monitoring and warning against drowsiness, queue assist to prevent low speed bumps in traffic.

Of course also has kick-ass Dolby 12 speaker Surround Sound stero with multiple inputs, internet connection (not while engine running), effective and easy to use sat nav, top spec security including tracker and emergency assist. Add in some bling wheels, silver faux aluminium bits and a bright red paint job and it even looks a tiny bit flash, in a Volvo sort of way of course ; )

Mustn't forget the most exclusive bit of the car - the 4M long cable in the boot to plug it into a power supply!
Don't get me wrong. I love the gadgets. If I'm working in the rain I just turn on the heated seats and I'm dry by the time I get home.
I just noticed a real decline in my concentration.

The trouble is that these days it's possible to write a relitively modern car off with an electrical problem.
One of the most comfortable cars I've been in was an S80. Ugly as sin but an amazing piece of kit.
If I was in the market for a 2nd hand motor I'd go Volvo everytime. The used prices are ridiculously cheap for what you get.